Home – New Forums Wellbeing & balance Name 3 most helpful* things you do before bed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    ::

I’ve just poured over this article listing 10 of the ‘best’ things you can do before bed each night to set your day off right. Ten things seemed an awful lot when I read the title, but once I got through the list I kind of agreed with all of them!

I’m more effective in the morning than at night, so the idea of setting myself up the night before, in order to make my mornings run even better, is very appealing.

Along with packing up my laptop and reading my diary, I’m now inspired to write my to-do list, stretch for 5 -7 minutes and declutter one item in my house that drives me up the wall.

Hmm, that seems a lot. But I am up for it!

What are the 3 most effective parts of your nightly routine?

*helpful to the smooth running of your following day …

LukeHally
    • Total posts: 150
    Up

That article is way to busy for me in the evening, I’m a morning person. My evening is all about getting some down time. Except when there is a crazy deadline or if inspiration has struck, my evening is typically:

1. No computer after 6
    2. Son in bed by 8.30
    3. Relax for a couple of hours (working on cutting out my phone in the evenings)

This helps me have a good sleep so I can get up early and ready to go in the morning.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    LukeHally, post: 264036, member: 68089 wrote:
    That article is way to busy for me in the evening,

I agree, and interesting how the in thing at the moment is to declutter, but that article is cluttering you night time. Hopefully fads such as that will disappear and we ca get on with living our lives the way we want. Although I guess it is selling a lot of advertising and TV space for someone, so they are making a $ out of it.

tarad
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

My evening routine includes putting my mobile on aeroplane mode, laying my exercise clothes out for the morning and drinking a glass of water before going to bed to assist in avoiding strokes and heart attacks.

heathsanchez
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Meditate :)

sumeyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I’d rather name 7 things not to do before you go to sleep

Don’t use any kind of digital technology.
    Don’t take sleeping pills (unless you’ve been diagnosed with insomnia).
    Don’t drink alcohol.
    Don’t work in bed (or anywhere in the bedroom).
    Don’t consume caffeine after 5 p.m.
    Don’t eat fatty foods.
    Don’t exercise.

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I probably can’t do it like you, because I work most of the time I’m awake. And only when I’m asleep am I not working. So for me it would probably be to drink more water to get a good night’s sleep, eat something to eat, and listen to soothing sounds at night. Because they clear my mind of all kinds of unwanted thoughts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.