Home – New Forums Selling online Name Change – need feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MancerCorp
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi all.

I run a business selling building supplies online – it has been called BuyBuildingSupplies.com.au, which works well for organic search engine optimisation and exemplifies exactly what we do, but it is rather lengthy, does not convey easily over the phone (we have to spell it out everytime to people) and in my opinion is quite boring, lacking brand power or easy recall.

I am considering changing the name to build4less.com.au (with a tagline – Discounted Building Products – or similar)

I do not believe this will have a negative impact on the search engine placement of the business or products we sell in Google and Bing anymore due to how they rank and list products and businesses lately, still conveys what we do (albeit to a lesser extent), would ‘modernize’ the branding (allows for a good logo to be created for it etc.) & easy name recall.
    I would really appreciate some honest feedback / opinions on this!!

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

I prefer your existing name compared to that ‘build 4 less’ one. I feel changing to a name with ‘4’ in it is quite tacky and devalues your cred in my opinion.

Also generally changing names can be a big step backwards if you don’t have an experienced SEO expert on your side. You can lose a lot of historical ranks immediately. With that said businesses do this all the time, so you just need to follow the best practice procedure which isn’t obvious if you have never done this b4 ;).

MancerCorp
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Great feedback and advice… thank you.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I’m with Steve the names with ‘4’ or worse still ‘R” have really run there course, and just show a lack of any imagination. The lets jump on the band wagon thing is boring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.