Home – New Forums Tech talk Name or type of this script?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Archie Woodworks
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

If you go to this link http://mdfmagic.com.au/catalog/fontz/enchanted.php

it generates a box where letters can be entered and then it can give a view of how it looks as words and also the length etc.

I’m trying to find out what sort of script it is called or whatever else the technical name would be? I’d like to pay someone to make my own custom one but have no idea on what you call them? PHP script? Javascript?

If you could shed some light on the technical name, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Shane.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

well by right click view source you get

Word Required:   

[/CODE]

Looks to be a PHP form

what would you call it? I guess the final product would not have the backing image but I call it the infotainer text to image converter (If I am going to name it I add my own name into it) see this one is better [url]http://www.text2image.com/pal_t2i/saver_en.do[/url]

and while I was searching for converters I found this fun thing
    [url]http://www.text-image.com/convert/[/url][CODE]

Word Required:   

[/CODE]

Looks to be a PHP form

what would you call it? I guess the final product would not have the backing image but I call it the infotainer text to image converter (If I am going to name it I add my own name into it) see this one is better http://www.text2image.com/pal_t2i/saver_en.do

and while I was searching for converters I found this fun thing
    http://www.text-image.com/convert/

fredfarcle
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

If you just want to alter font style and size in a web page you can just use CSS, to convert to an image is a bit more of a challenge.

The form itself is just HTML the server side scripting (the action the form triggers ) can be lots of languages, PHP being the most common, Javascript can execute in the browser without necessarily talking to the server or a database.

This site is using PHP to spit out pages, so the scripting is probably done in PHP.

A quick Google search indicated there’s a few PHP scripts out there that will do this, looks like the font types are pre loaded on the server.

They might just need a bit of tweaking for your needs, without reinventing the wheel.

Archie Woodworks
    Up

Thanks for the info. So basically it is most likely a PHP script form text to image converter?

I’ll probably have to pay someone to create the script as I will need it to be customised to include calculating the total length of the words etc. But at least I know what to search for or can at least put some sort of description for what I’d like.

Regards,
    Shane.

fredfarcle
    Up
    Archie Woodworks, post: 95315 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. So basically it is most likely a PHP script form text to image converter?

I’ll probably have to pay someone to create the script as I will need it to be customised to include calculating the total length of the words etc. But at least I know what to search for or can at least put some sort of description for what I’d like.

Regards,
    Shane.

I’d say so, I just Googled ” convert text to image” and got links to possible scripts, you might even find the author’s who could alter it easily to your requirement.

Might even be someone on here that can tweak a publicly available script, or write one quickly from scratch, you can even get someone to bid on it at one of the freelance coding sites if you can specify it properly.

It’s a good idea to write out the logic steps of what you want, it’s called pseudo code, by a series of refinements the actual coding becomes obvious and doesn’t go off on a tangent.

eg. (a bit simplistic but the aim is cut out dodgy logic and repeating yourself, a good coder will get enough clues if your plain english logic is good enough.)

=>

user see’s form.
    user inputs text.
    text converts to image
    user sees image
    user sees image data (size)
    user pays for image
    user can download and or save image

Archie Woodworks
    Up

I was going to post to freelancer.com and hopefully someone could code it for a cheap price. But if there is anyone that can do this sort of work, I’d much rather pay a flying solo member than outsource it to india.

I swear you started writing in another language about half way through your post. But the last part made it clear. Thank you.

I googled, “php script text to image converter” and got some scripts but there were pretty basic and were mainly for converting email addresses to an image so they can’t be farmed by bots.

bitsa, post: 95320 wrote:
    I’d say so, I just Googled ” convert text to image” and got links to possible scripts, you might even find the author’s who could alter it easily to your requirement.

Might even be someone on here that can tweak a publicly available script, or write one quickly from scratch, you can even get someone to bid on it at one of the freelance coding sites if you can specify it properly.

It’s a good idea to write out the logic steps of what you want, it’s called pseudo code, by a series of refinements the actual coding becomes obvious and doesn’t go off on a tangent.

eg. (a bit simplistic but the aim is cut out dodgy logic and repeating yourself, a good coder will get enough clues if your plain english logic is good enough.)

=>

user see’s form.
    user inputs text.
    text converts to image
    user sees image
    user sees image data (size)
    user pays for image
    user can download and or save image

fredfarcle
    Up
    Archie Woodworks, post: 95331 wrote:
    I googled, “php script text to image converter” and got some scripts but there were pretty basic and were mainly for converting email addresses to an image so they can’t be farmed by bots.

an image is an image, possibly an OK starting point.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Archie Woodworks, post: 95331 wrote:
    I was going to post to freelancer.com and hopefully someone could code it for a cheap price. But if there is anyone that can do this sort of work, I’d much rather pay a flying solo member than outsource it to india.

Hi Shane,

I’d say there quite likely are a few folk around here who could help you with this. For best uptake, I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Need a resource? section of the boards. If you like, we’ll give your call out a plug on Facebook and Twitter for you.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.