Home – New Forums Find the help you need Need a iPhone/iPad Developer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Hey guys…… I had a similar thread before but I already have an Android developer on board now but I am still looking for other Mobile app devs, particularity an iPhone/iPad dev and whilst not the best way to develop apps, would also like someone with experience with using PhoneGap or something similar if the client wants a cross-platform app.

You would be working for me as a sub-contractor and I would get all my iPhone/iPad work through you for my clients.

I actually have a client that needs an app right now for iPhone and possibly a cross-platform app so you may have some work straight away.

Please PM or post here if you have any interest.

Thank You!

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Check out oDesk.com – I just got someone to develop an iphone/ipad app for $20.

Of course, I’m a programmer so I plan on extending it massively, but the base functionality works.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 119679 wrote:
    Check out oDesk.com – I just got someone to develop an iphone/ipad app for $20.

Of course, I’m a programmer so I plan on extending it massively, but the base functionality works.

Thanks, but I’m NOT looking to hire people from places like that. ALL my sub-contractors are Australia based and I DO NOT outsource any work to places like India.

Really don’t know what you got for $20 lol…….. but proper apps should start from about $5k from my understanding.

SmartBizBlog
    Up

Well, he built a simple RSS reader app. Code quality was great and he turned it around in 4 hours. He was Belarusian.

Part of being a start up with no capital means you need to source labour from around the world. There is absolutely nothing wrong with leveraging off varying economies – without it; we wouldn’t have most of what we have today.

I have worked with developers around the world and I would never again work with Indian/Bangladesh/Filippino developers; but the Eastern block has some incredible developers who speak English fluently and know their stuff.

If you want to be completely Australian owned, operated and supportive that’s cool, but outsourcing is what allows some of us to be creative and make ideas happen when capital is a problem.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 119684 wrote:
    Well, he built a simple RSS reader app. Code quality was great and he turned it around in 4 hours. He was Belarusian.

Part of being a start up with no capital means you need to source labour from around the world. There is absolutely nothing wrong with leveraging off varying economies – without it; we wouldn’t have most of what we have today.

I have worked with developers around the world and I would never again work with Indian/Bangladesh/Filippino developers; but the Eastern block has some incredible developers who speak English fluently and know their stuff.

If you want to be completely Australian owned, operated and supportive that’s cool, but outsourcing is what allows some of us to be creative and make ideas happen when capital is a problem.

Not having a go at you for outsourcing there, just stating I much prefer to sub-contract Australian based developers so I can have more control over things and you really don’t know what you’re gonna get when you go to sites like that; I care too much for quality to take the risk.

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

Unicorns-unicorns-273083_451_413.jpg

SmartBizBlog
    Up

Indeed. I guess being a programmer, I am able to quality assure it before I make payment. If I weren’t a programmer, I would have to just put my trust in the final product – which is a bigger gamble

Fat Zebra
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

Check out Sydney Website Co. (http://www.sydneywebsite.com.au/)

Sean should be able to help you out there with what you need.

let me know if you want his direct details.

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi,

I can recommend a very talented young programmer in my colleague Marcelo whom I work with building and managing business and accounting systems.

We completed a project together for an IT client to develop his mobile website for iphone/Ipad.

The result was a total business transformation which was so successful that the client uses us both for ongoing system maintenance and bookkeeping.

In terms of Iphone and Ipad Apps he is very good and wont charge an arm and a leg.

Marcelo is right here in Melbourne, Australia.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Steven Thomas CPA

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks guys for all the responses. I am talking to a couple people right now and will follow up later. :)

contact
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi, We (Contact Point IT Services based in Melbourne, and employing only Australian based coders) build Android and iOS apps (for tablet and smart phones). So, I’d be very happy to talk to you about your requirements.

http://www.contactpoint.com.au

We’re in the middle of building some very unique tablet apps at the moment for a large corporation, which their technical staff are using out in the field. We have also built B2C apps.

Regards,
    Heather

CondorCreative, post: 119642 wrote:
    Hey guys…… I had a similar thread before but I already have an Android developer on board now but I am still looking for other Mobile app devs, particularity an iPhone/iPad dev and whilst not the best way to develop apps, would also like someone with experience with using PhoneGap or something similar if the client wants a cross-platform app.

You would be working for me as a sub-contractor and I would get all my iPhone/iPad work through you for my clients.

I actually have a client that needs an app right now for iPhone and possibly a cross-platform app so you may have some work straight away.

Please PM or post here if you have any interest.

Thank You!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Brett,

If you’re still on the hunt, we received a couple of comments when we put a shout out about this on Facebook for you.

You can follow the thread here.

Cheers,
    Jayne

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks everyone. I have enough contacts for now, so consider this thread closed. :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.