Home – New Forums Find the help you need need a resource – hard cover books, trouble finding suitable option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    ::

Hi all, a local writers club has asked me to produce a hardcover books and I’m having great difficulty finding a supplier willing to do it within budget. The 2 alternatives are full colour digital throughout with hardcover at around $100 per book, or 500 units stapled with a heavier cover. Neither is exactly what they want, and either way there’s nothing left from their grant to cover artwork costs – can anyone point me towards an Australian printer who does short run with B&W text and hardcover?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Leisa, in my experience, there’s no-one who will do hard cover books in Australia in quantities. They all send them overseas and require large orders.

Anyone using a thermal binding system with a hardcover charges at least $50 just for the cover part before anything else.

Why not a 300gsm laminated cover and the rest as 100gsm paper saddle stitched or perfect bound depending on the number of pages?

I have sent a private email.

mswift
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Not in Australia, but woud Blurb.com or Lulu.com suit your needs, both are self publishing sites, I have seen a couple of blurb books and they look great, I believe Lulu are also very good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.