Home – New Forums Starting your journey Need advice and Lists of Local business directories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tim Summers
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am hoping to get some advice on the best directories in Australia or Melbourne to list our business in. If anyone has any experience or could recommend some if would be much appreciated.

If anyone needs advice on carpet cleaning please ask me, I’m happy to help if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome Tim.

You could try True Local and the Yellow Pages and Service Seeking.

It does depend a bit on your aims.

The Gorilla of them all are the search engines Google, Google My Business and Bing.

I hope your business does well for you.

Cheers
    Paul

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271985, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi and welcome Tim.

You could try True Local and the Yellow Pages and Service Seeking.

Just remember Service Seeking, and other similar directories promote themselves as getting the cheapest quote for you, so if you want to promote yourself as a quality company, plus you actually want to get a decent payment for a job, I would take care.

I tried them once, waste of money IMHO

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Tim,

One way to find out which directories are important for your industry, is to Google your own industry and see which directories show up in the first few pages. Different ones will be relevant for different industries.

For example, google: carpet cleaning suburbX and see which directories make it into the results. Then you can make sure you’re listed on those.

Dave

carpetcleaningforce
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

some directories need some payment for a premium listing, I personally think that does not make much difference.

Tim Summers
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks for your warm welcome! I find all your recommendations very helpful. I’ll check those directories you’ve mentioned and see if we can be added.

quentin.aisbett
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Tim…I regularly curate a list of the top Australia business directories here https://pocketinsights.io/blog/australian-business-directories-citations-links/. If you have any questions, let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

You don’t mean to get all of those on the internet now do you? There are some others who see this as an insult at most and i think that it is not so easy to do that at the very least. You have got to consider a lot options at this point in time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.