Home – New Forums Logistics Need advice on Affordable & reliable couriers.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MsLP
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi there
    Long time reader- first time poster ;)
    Just wondering what courier services other online stores use. My
    items range from cushions, blankets to some flat packs. Aus Post is ok for most of the item but when there is a larger item or order, Aus post is just too expensive. I can’t seem to find a courier that is reliable and affordable.

I’ve used ‘E-go’ before Christmas and they failed to deliver an item twice, despite placing the booking 1 week before their deadline. Also have spent hours chasing up packages and POD’s as well as a cranky customer. ‘Couriers Please’ won’t accept some of my items as they consider it restricted, weird. StarTrack has a minimum spend of 2,000 per month. I’ve looked at Fastway who have bad reviewed, Toll, TNT, DHL are far too expensive for small business. Other courier brokers such as interparcel charge too much for delievries requiring signatures. Really quite frustrated, so just wondering what other small businesses do.
    Not to mention trying to compete with competitors’ pricing for delivery (or free delivery).

Would love to hear your opinions.
    Thanks

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there MsLP,

We have quite a lot of conversations about couriers and freight around here, so I hope someone can make some helpful recommendations for you.

In the meantime, we’d love it if you’d pop over to the New members section of the forum and tell us all a bit about yourself and your business (including your name).

Thanks for joining the forum too, by the way – we love it when long time readers become first time posters, so you’ve made our day. :)

Jayne

angesaav
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi,

I know one courier service pretty good for small businesses: https://www.smartsend.com.au/

I invite you to visit their website and read about their offerings to see if they meet your needs.

Have a good day :)

Cheers,

Angelo

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello

We have found that with freight our clients cannot just use one said courier, as courier companies all tend to be good in specfic items/locations

Many of the national do tend to be more expensive
    I would suggest breaking up your delieveries in Zones and working out how much each zone would be worth to a freight company on an annual basis and then use this to start the conversation with different courier

With regards to Fastways you will find they are best for delivers within your area of pickup as in those cases like couriers please you will tend to deal with one driver that you could establish a loyal arrangement if regular deliervies as they will view you as a regular income source

If you based in NSW a number of our clients have found Ross Freight very reliable and cost effective

keep us posted and welcome to FS

p.s happy new year and all the best,

MsLP
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate it. Will look into those couriers and see if it something that will work :)

J21
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Try interparcel.com.au

I used them for sporadic larger shipments, when Austpost is too expensive. You can choose from various couriers, but the list of restricted items is quite long. There is no min, and it’s a once off kind of courier booking.

ImogenBaxter
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi folks!

I might be a bit late to the party here, (and I don’t know if blowing my own trumpet is a-okay… please let me know if it’s not!), but Sendle tends to be good for those things that are over 500g.

– 25kg/100L anywhere in Aus for $23.75.
    – no minimums, door-to-door, flat-rate, fully trackable.

Hope you find a good fit somewhere!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.