Home – New Forums Get productive NEED ADVICE !!! Will this help me GROW my business and WORK SMARTER??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kloud
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hello fellow soloists,

I need your expert advice to see if this is a viable option to help me work smarter and grow business while i outsource the little things

I met a gentlemen the other day at a networking event and we got chatting he told me he started a fresh business in the last few months as an Australian business offering SMEs more time to grow their business while he uses his established call center to take all inbound customer inquiries on my behalf so i didnt have to take up my time with simple inquiries which obviously frees me up to work on more pressing matters.

I’m all for working smarter and outsourcing when needed. We all do it with book keepers etc. He told me he could have all inbound phone calls outsourced to his call centre for about $3.20 an hour.

I thought instantly great more time for me and what a price right? He then continued to say that his call center was based offshore in the Philippines with all call agents with a minimum 3 years experience and excellent communication. I was a bit hesitant after this.

I know Philippines is now the leader with BPO and outsourcing even over India to my surprise. Apparently better communication and big business are there using this resource.

Basically what do you guys think about this, i really think i get so bogged with calls sometimes and this price of $3.20 an hour is sooooooo tempting.

Its all legitimate but other companies offer around $5.95 an hour. Should i take the plunge and give it a go. I mean after all it is an Australian based business and i can pull out whenever i want if the service is not to my standard.

Please all your expert thoughts and advice would help me immensely!

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

My strong advice to you would be to consider the reputation of your company. Think about when you phone Vodafone, ANZ and so forth and go through to an overseas call centre. When you have to repeat yourself several times to be understood, and then the operator only has the ability to answer your most basic of questions.

I would put the question to you, what is more important than dealing with new enquiries? There are a number of things, I understand, but as the owner of my company, I want to be able to handle enquiries and make decisions on their viability, not miss opportunities because someone else does not understand the business as well as I do.

If you did want to look at outsourcing your incoming calls, have a look at some of the packages you can get with 1300 numbers, or through services office arrangements here. Many charge a per call rate, which could work out a lot more cost effective for you too.

$3.20 an hour is fine, but do you have to pay that for 8hrs or 24? Either way that is at least $25 per day, $125 per week. Many companies here will provide a per call answering service, which might be $2 per call, and if you get more than 60 enquiries per week, you are a very lucky business owner :)

Just my opinion, but hope it helps

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up

Depending on how many calls you get each day, you may well be able to find a cheaper solution using an Australian call centre.

Plenty of telcos have plans that charge by the call (rather than by the hour). You can also save money by choosing a plan where the operator takes a message for you (that is immediately sent via email or sms) rather than connecting the call to you.

We have live answering plans starting from just $29 per month, so I know that if you shop around, you’ll find a good deal with a local operator.

Cheers, Gail

onthephoneagain
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

I always get the feeling of distrust whenever i am confonted with what i know is an offshore call centre.
    I am sorry i cannot help you out with Australian pricings or recommend a suitable service, but just putting it out there the “feeling” that your customers may also experience.
    Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.