Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Need Adwords Assistance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    biads
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to the whole online thing, and I am currently planing a new workout supplements business. I do however need funds to get this all off the ground, and I have a few ebooks I am promoting to try and help out with this. The way it works is I get all of the sale, so not just a commission. The link is ugly looking => http://www.domainname.com/?g=ee6kUPo5YgNa49tmW087HLEiRsBFv3c1

And google won’t accept this domain link at all. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about changing the last part of the url so it looks nicer, will be approved by google and I can get going.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

Maybe you could try a URL shortner such as:

bitly.com
    tinyurl.com

davo23
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hey Dan,

is the url http://www.domainname.com/?g=ee6kUPo…87HLEiRsBFv3c1 an affiliate link going directly to a site you work as an affiliate for? If yes, it’s against Google’s TOS to advertise for an affiliate site. Years ago they used to allow it, but they found that it was ruining the quality of their search results.

You can try and mask the URL or redirect etc. to get around it, but Google will catch on pretty quickly and ban your account.

Dave

biads
    Up
    davo23, post: 203728 wrote:
    Hey Dan,

is the url http://www.domainname.com/?g=ee6kUPo…87HLEiRsBFv3c1 an affiliate link going directly to a site you work as an affiliate for? If yes, it’s against Google’s TOS to advertise for an affiliate site. Years ago they used to allow it, but they found that it was ruining the quality of their search results.

You can try and mask the URL or redirect etc. to get around it, but Google will catch on pretty quickly and ban your account.

Dave

Hi Dave,

This is where I am uncertain, hopefully someone can clarify. My understanding of an affiliate site, is that the affiliate will take a commission of the sale. In my case, the whole sale goes to me. Is this the same sort of thing? And will google allow this?

Thanks,

Dan

davo23
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    biads, post: 203732 wrote:
    Hi Dave,

This is where I am uncertain, hopefully someone can clarify. My understanding of an affiliate site, is that the affiliate will take a commission of the sale. In my case, the whole sale goes to me. Is this the same sort of thing? And will google allow this?

Thanks,

Dan

I guess it depends on how the site is set up. Is the domain and website your own? Do you send the user onto the product owners website to complete the purchase?

If there is no transaction taking place on your site, then Google can classify it as an affiliate site. However, in saying that, there’s large comparison sites that are essentially affiliates (think online travel agents, financial comparison sites, retail comparison etc.) and they advertise fine.

If you feel like you’re not breaching their TOS you can always submit your ads/account for a manual review.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    biads, post: 203714 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I am quite new to the whole online thing, and I am currently planing a new workout supplements business. I do however need funds to get this all off the ground, and I have a few ebooks I am promoting to try and help out with this. The way it works is I get all of the sale, so not just a commission. The link is ugly looking => http://www.domainname.com/?g=ee6kUPo5YgNa49tmW087HLEiRsBFv3c1

And google won’t accept this domain link at all. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about changing the last part of the url so it looks nicer, will be approved by google and I can get going.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DanWhat ebooks? That’s an aff domain name link.

Google stopped people using the for advertising for good reason.

biads
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 203765 wrote:
    What ebooks? That’s an aff domain name link.

Google stopped people using the for advertising for good reason.

Hi Matthew,

I wasn’t aware of that, thanks for pointing that out. I will also be using Adwords for a couple of Ebay listings I am placing shortly, however it would be great to know if I can actually market these ebooks using adwords. Just so you know it is one of those “Business in a box” websites I purchased a while back, but never really did anything with. Am I able to use adwords for these? I am happy to send you the link privately if need be.

Thanks,

Dan

Patto
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hey Dan,

If you are sending traffic to your own site, you should be fine. Google doesn’t like multiple account sending traffic to one site, hence the affiliate red flags mentioned by other members.

However, I would seriously look at the ROI on an attempt like this. Unless you are sending them to a page that first capture details, then presents and offer, then presents an higher value offer, you’re likely to end up going negative in the campaign (unless the ebook is fairly expensive).

regards,
    Pat

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

I agree with the people above and it seems crazy that you would pay for an Adwords ad that will send your potential customers to a platform designed to advertise ANYONE that sells that product.

You’ll send them to eBay, they’ll go “oh look I can buy it cheaper elsewhere” or “oh look this competing product looks just as good but is cheaper” and you’ve now paid for a competitors sale!

Not to mention the massive remarketing adsense ads that are all over eBay and the huge fees you’ll pay eBay for the privilege…

Put together a WooCommerce site and use a theme for selling eBooks and save yourself thousands of $$$s.

Maclean

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 204122 wrote:
    I agree with the people above and it seems crazy that you would pay for an Adwords ad that will send your potential customers to a platform designed to advertise ANYONE that sells that product.

You’ll send them to eBay, they’ll go “oh look I can buy it cheaper elsewhere” or “oh look this competing product looks just as good but is cheaper” and you’ve now paid for a competitors sale!

Not to mention the massive remarketing adsense ads that are all over eBay and the huge fees you’ll pay eBay for the privilege…

Put together a WooCommerce site and use a theme for selling eBooks and save yourself thousands of $$$s.

Maclean

Howdy Maccas

You advising him to ‘resell’ ebooks of others? Rather than doing affiliate?

On a side note, i see so so so many (as i am sure others have seen) people try and do affiliate or even drop shipping sites and within a few months the dream perishes as do the quick get rich web sites that were built to harness the plans..

Will watch thread to see how it heads…

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 204123 wrote:
    Howdy Maccas

You advising him to ‘resell’ ebooks of others? Rather than doing affiliate?

Jason

Definitely not mate, just the thins that OP are going to list on eBay

MC

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 204130 wrote:
    Definitely not mate, just the thins that OP are going to list on eBay

MC

Thought i must have missed something in the message and overlooked OP directive.. Sorry, as said thought unusual for you :)

Hope all is going smashingly mate..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    iaindooley
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Why not write your own eBook instead of selling someone elses? I’m not really sure what’s going on with that link you posted … it has nothing to do with eBooks! It’s a domain registry.

You have to be careful when promoting health products on AdWords. It’s a minefield. A lot of people get banned early when starting up a supplement business.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.