Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Need an outsider perspective on our website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up
    ::

Hi Solo’ers!

I have a bit of a favour to ask… hope you don’t mind. We’ve been working on our website for the last few months, refining, adding, removing, etc. It’s time we got a few outside perspectives on it.

1. What needs reviewing?
    The website is bigideamarketing.com.au
    We’d love your thoughts on design, trustworthiness, whether the packages make sense, or even whether our pricing is considered reasonable.

2. What does your business do?
    We do digital marketing, including WordPress websites, copywriting, digital marketing strategies, social media management, and content marketing. So it’s VERY important our website shows our best work.

3. Who is your target market?
    We’re targeting small businesses who don’t have the time, skills, or internal team to manage their own digital marketing, but want to expand on what they’re currently doing.

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Concerns include:
    – Is there enough or too much information?
    – Do the packages confuse visitors?
    – Are we trustworthy sounding?
    – Do the colours and images appeal to you?

Thanks in advance to all future reviewers for your constructive criticism! I’d be more than happy to return the favour (feel free to message me if you don’t want to put it on the forums).

Cheers,

Angela

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hello Angela

I love the name Big Idea Marketing and can’t believe it wasn’t snapped up years ago.

Initial impressions …

The design of your website is nice and clean with sufficient white space to highlight the text and your message (love the colours but then green is my favourite colour). I think the colour scheme works with your service and name.

The font is a good choice. Love the video (probably would like the sound quality to be sharper .. maybe the next version can bring in more creativity to presentation).

I would make the logo a little bigger, given it is Big Idea Marketing.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Regards
    Morgan

angelarodgers
    Up
    Thrive Promotional, post: 214472, member: 1567 wrote:
    Hello Angela

I love the name Big Idea Marketing and can’t believe it wasn’t snapped up years ago.

Initial impressions …

The design of your website is nice and clean with sufficient white space to highlight the text and your message (love the colours but then green is my favourite colour). I think the colour scheme works with your service and name.

The font is a good choice. Love the video (probably would like the sound quality to be sharper .. maybe the next version can bring in more creativity to presentation).

I would make the logo a little bigger, given it is Big Idea Marketing.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Regards
    Morgan

Thanks so much, Morgan! Love your feedback and will definitely take all of that on board. I’ll add the logo resizing and video refinement to my to do list. I’m so glad the green appeals to you :-). I was pretty shocked that “Big Idea Marketing” was available too – score!

Thanks again for your time – much appreciated!

– Angela

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Such a nice site Angela. Well designed, clean, and clear!

Dave

angelarodgers
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 214556, member: 49676 wrote:
    Such a nice site Angela. Well designed, clean, and clear!

Dave

Thank you so much, Dave! Means a lot!

Greatly appreciated :-)

– Angela

Gormandize.com.au
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Angela,

Definitely a great site that actually got me interested. Your packages make sense and finally offer a good option for small/medium business.

angelarodgers
    Up
    Flicked, post: 214962, member: 67887 wrote:
    Hi Angela,

Definitely a great site that actually got me interested. Your packages make sense and finally offer a good option for small/medium business.

Thank you so much, Damien! That is the best kind of feedback I could possibly hope for. You’ve made my night/early morning! :-)

checkvault
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Angela,

As most members have mentioned here. Very clean and easy to use website. From a more technical stand-point I’d say it’s laid out well so that someone who’s come to learn about your company can find their way into the right sections without too much trouble.

Couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I won’t say because it’s a simple information site. Even those can be done horribly sometimes. But it isn’t in your case.

Well done.

Cheers,

angelarodgers
    Up
    checkvault, post: 214969, member: 64474 wrote:
    Hi Angela,

As most members have mentioned here. Very clean and easy to use website. From a more technical stand-point I’d say it’s laid out well so that someone who’s come to learn about your company can find their way into the right sections without too much trouble.

Couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I won’t say because it’s a simple information site. Even those can be done horribly sometimes. But it isn’t in your case.

Well done.

Cheers,

Hi Prathamesh,

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words and expert opinion. I’m glad we haven’t made any wrong moves yet! We’re planning on adding some more complex elements soon (but still very much information focused) so hopefully we’ve got a good foundation to build on.

Also, thank you so much for your call this morning. I look forward to chatting with you again shortly. :-)

Cheers,

Angela

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Angela,

Nice looking site, I like the colour the layout is clean and uncluttered.
    The packages make sense and look like their worth the cost.
    Well done.

Steve

angelarodgers
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 215018, member: 37472 wrote:
    Hi Angela,

Nice looking site, I like the colour the layout is clean and uncluttered.
    The packages make sense and look like their worth the cost.
    Well done.

Steve

Thank you so much, Steve. And thank you for your message as well :-). I really appreciate the feedback on the packages and pricing – it’s often hard to know where to price things, but I’m glad it seems reasonable to you.

Much appreciated,

Angela

WebSeed PH
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Your website is simply awesome. Very easy to navigate and I love the green motif.. Really superb!

angelarodgers
    Up
    WebSeed PH, post: 215393, member: 61714 wrote:
    Your website is simply awesome. Very easy to navigate and I love the green motif.. Really superb!

Hi Webseed PH (sorry – not sure what your real name is!!),

Thank you so much for such positive feedback! It means a lot coming from a fellow web dev/marketer! Glad we’ve got the tick of approval from you.

Much appreciated :-)

Angela

mdixon
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Love it! I work in the same space and must say I’m envious. Funnily enough don’t have the time to improve what I’ve got, but you’ve given me some ideas if I’m allowed to say that? I don’t do quite so much web design as you do though, more the writing side, so I particularly like how you’ve showcased your projects on the homepage. The pricing is very much in the ballpark of what’s out there. I always love the featured offerings at the top of the homepage, makes it so clear what you do. The best feedback I could give is that if I saw you site, I would immediately go find out who created it (if I could)–so well done! :)

angelarodgers
    Up
    mdixon, post: 215472, member: 68219 wrote:
    Love it! I work in the same space and must say I’m envious. Funnily enough don’t have the time to improve what I’ve got, but you’ve given me some ideas if I’m allowed to say that? I don’t do quite so much web design as you do though, more the writing side, so I particularly like how you’ve showcased your projects on the homepage. The pricing is very much in the ballpark of what’s out there. I always love the featured offerings at the top of the homepage, makes it so clear what you do. The best feedback I could give is that if I saw you site, I would immediately go find out who created it (if I could)–so well done! :)

Hi Michelle,

Wow, I am blown away by your kind comments! Thank you so much. I’m so glad it’s given you some ideas, haha. You’re totally allowed to say that. There’s nothing new under the sun… I’m certain we’ve grabbed every idea for the site from someone else ;-). Hopefully you can find some time eventually to work on your site too!

Much appreciated that you took the time to have a look and provide such in-depth feedback.

Have a wonderful evening! :-)

Angela

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.