Home – New Forums Tech talk Need book keeping software that talks to Word Press

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Deep Six
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi

Hope someone can help here. I have a website with approx 2000 part numbers. constantly running out of certain parts and forget to flag it is out of stock on the site. Therefore getting orders for stock I dont have.

Currently running the old ATO E Record for book-keeping, and NCS Inventoria and Express invoice to handle my stock.

What would be nice is some sort of book keeping software that can talk to word press and update my stock levels when they fall to zero.

At the moment just doing this manually which is time consuming and prone to mistakes.

Any help would be extremely appreciated

Cheers

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums. A specific situation you have there… I’m confident someone here will be able to give you some pointers.

I use and am a big fan of Xero but am not sure of its abilities in the compatible-with-Wordpress stakes.

Cheers,

Sam

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Just to me, it sounds like you are tackling this from the wrong angle, sure you want a good book keeping package. But in reality you want your ecommerce site to manage inventory, it should have the ability to manage min max levels, reordering reports, etc etc. By pushing this off to your book keeping package there is the danger of the 2 been out of sync, delays in pickup of critical info, etc. Let your site manage that. Just my opinion

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    chaase, post: 235957, member: 47813 wrote:
    Check out woo commerce https://woocommerce.com/ for WP & Xero https://woocommerce.com/products/xero/

It may also be time to start looking at a CMS better suited to 2000 items like Magento.
    Hi Chaase

Curious on why magneto is better suited for 2k+ items? Is it just more robust, intuitive or equiped to handle them?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    rounded
    • Total posts: 41
    Up
    chaase, post: 235967, member: 47813 wrote:
    Hi Jason
    Magento is an e-commerce platform designed from the ground up as opposed to a blogging CMS (WP) that is used for websites and requires plug ins such as Woo Commerce for database and stock control. Because of this it is more secure. Additionally, Magento allows you to cross-sell or up-sell your products, compare products, add coupon codes etc.
    We are a week off launching a site in Magento, moving it across from WP.

I’m not sure what you mean by “more secure”. Technically it doesn’t at all. Also WP has moved far beyond a blogging platform in recent years and Woocommerce is an excellent e-commerce solution that does have cross-sell, up-sell, compare and coupons out of the box.

benhutton
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Magenta is potentially more secure because it is a E-Commerce platform from the ground up. With WordPress/Woocommerce you potentially have two separate attack vectors, by that I mean you can either attack a flaw in WordPress or a flaw in Woocommerce. Also WordPress by being popular is a prime target for attack. However since WordPress is heavily attacked it is likely that security flaws are found quicker.

When it comes down to it any website can be compromised if it is not configured correctly and updated regularly. I would recommend anyone running a WordPress site install a security plugin like Wordfence or Sucuri Security and backup regularly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.