Home – New Forums Money matters Need GST Advice pls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Care Vitamins Online
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have been reading in the forum to find about GST advice, but cannot find the answer. hope anyone can help to clarify.

I have an online business website, my turnover has reached $75K, so I have to register for GST now. I’m sending the product to Australia and Overseas.

My question is:

– for Australia customer, is the GST included in the price? or excluded?

– for Overseas customer, I suppose there is no GST?

e.g product price is $50 & postage is $8.95, it means for sending to Australia, I will receive $58.95, and the GST included is $5.36?

e.g product price is $50 & postage is $8.95, it means for sending to overseas, I will also receive $58.95? but this case I will not collect for the GST?
    or I have to reduce the price because there is no GST?

Thank you so much in advanced.

best regards,
    Care Vitamins Online

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

When you present prices to your customers, you must state the total price of the good or service as a single figure, which is the minimum total cost that is able to be calculated. This should include any tax, duty, fee, levy or other additional charges (e.g. GST or airport tax). You do not need to include optional charges or extras or delivery charges

FalzonFinancial
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Exports are generally GST free, therefore be sure your accounting/invoicing software has the options to generate GST Free invoices as well as GST inclusive ones.

It would be suggested to charge the same amount for your products, adding GST to the amount your customers are paying. This way GST payable is not eroding your income.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.