Home – New Forums Tech talk Need help Choosing a New Hosted PBX Provider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I need your help to find a GREAT provider of a hosted phone system.

I was with Optus Loop, but that is not available to all my staff.

So I am currently using Twilio / Zendesk Talk, and I have used 8×8 in the past (they are shocking), but I want to move to a local provider with better service.

Features I need:

1. I need SUPER reliable – people who aren’t afraid to allow customers to see their status pages give me confidence in their transparency.
    2. Soft phones and desk phones.
    3. Incoming calls included in price.
    4. Outgoing call on a package deal if possible, or pay as you go.
    5. 4 Extensions with individual DID’s.
    6. One main phone number with Line Hunt.
    7. Live transfer between extensions.
    8. Multi location – I have staff in Europe, Australia and Asia.
    9. Ability to send to mobile when out of office.

I think that’s all.

I have been researching like crazy and there are just so many options, I have now officially overwhelmed myself :):rolleyes::confused:

So if anyone has any experience with a provider I would love to hear about it.

Cheers
    Mischelle :)

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Mischelle – I have experience with Summit Internet. They should tick all or most of your requirements and they are local with full support:

https://summitinternet.com.au/voice/hosted-pbx/

Thanks, and let me know how you go.

Mischelle
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 261074, member: 54026 wrote:
    Mischelle – I have experience with Summit Internet. They should tick all or most of your requirements and they are local with full support:

Thanks, it looks like they are using Tier 1 providers, which is a good thing.
    I will give them a call in the morning :)

Mischelle
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 261074, member: 54026 wrote:

I just called Summit, they were lovely to deal with and answered my millions of questions.

I am about to sign up and I hope all goes well LOL :)

tadere
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

you’re probablybalready set up but thought ixd share, i personally use Simtex. WA based company and part of a larger group. Been really great to deal with.

Mischelle
    Up
    tadere, post: 261245, member: 64779 wrote:
    you’re probablybalready set up but thought ixd share, i personally use Simtex. WA based company and part of a larger group. Been really great to deal with.
    Hi,

Thanks so much for your input. :)

I haven’t yet signed up, as I got called away with a client, I will check out Simtex. I assume they are running on Tier 1 providers and they’ve had minimal services outages for the Hoted PBX in the last 6 months which is really good.

I have been nervous to make a decision as it’s a big change for us, I don’t want to make the mistake of choosing the wrong provider and making things worse LOL.

It’s on my to do list for next week.

EDIT: I just checked and yes they use Tier 1 Australian Providers.

Thanks again
    Mischelle :)

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

most ISPs offer this service I generally rate them by the hardware they provide for example if it includes cisco phones vs mitel phones. if changes require lodging tickets with a 24 hour turn around or can I call forward from a control panel from in office or even better remotely for example to set of four numbers to round robin incase office loses power or working out of office and don’t want ticket based changes to halt business when shit hits the fan,

Mischelle
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 261391, member: 112020 wrote:
    most ISPs offer this service I generally rate them by the hardware they provide for example if it includes cisco phones vs mitel phones. if changes require lodging tickets with a 24 hour turn around or can I call forward from a control panel from in office or even better remotely for example to set of four numbers to round robin incase office loses power or working out of office and don’t want ticket based changes to halt business when shit hits the fan,
    Hi Runic,

Thanks for your input, but I have found a lot of ISP’s who offer VoiP phone services are not really high level business grade PBX systems. It sounds like you have a good provider.

I am the type of person who will pay for what I need, high quality, high availability, good service etc.

I get so tired of hearing people complain about a service, either phone and especially hosting etc and then they say I pay $5 a month for hosting and it keeps going down, or $10 a month for phones and the voice quality is crap – so the old saying – you get what you pay for is very true LOL LOL :)

I am prepared to pay a premium for a good service and that is why I am researching like crazy, but I have to be careful I don’t get decision paralysis :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Mischelle

senseict
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

I’d strongly steer away from ISPs, depending on your needs you’ll want to go for a hosted or managed PBX provider or managed IT telephony solutions provider.

If you need custom solutions, like a multi-tier IVR, or custom application, then you’ll find even a hosted PBX won’t help, and you’ll need to go for a managed solution.

You really do get what you pay for though.

Make sure that whoever you choose is registered with the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman).

You can see the TIO member list here: https://www.tio.com.au/members/members-listing

Note: this list covers all ISPs and Telecomms companies; If they’re not registered on here, there’s something wrong, as they’re obligated to be.

Hope that helps

Matt

Mischelle
    Up
    senseict, post: 261805, member: 101399 wrote:
    I’d strongly steer away from ISPs, depending on your needs you’ll want to go for a hosted or managed PBX provider or managed IT telephony solutions provider.

If you need custom solutions, like a multi-tier IVR, or custom application, then you’ll find even a hosted PBX won’t help, and you’ll need to go for a managed solution.

You really do get what you pay for though.

Make sure that whoever you choose is registered with the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman).

You can see the TIO member list here: https://www.tio.com.au/members/members-listing

Note: this list covers all ISPs and Telecomms companies; If they’re not registered on here, there’s something wrong, as they’re obligated to be.

Hope that helps

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for the link. As I said in my post I think I now have decision paralysis. opps.

The two that I have narrowed it down to are both on the list.

I have been so busy that I have put it on hold for a few weeks, but I plan to make my decision next week.

Cheers
    Mischelle

senseict
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

No worries, while I do provide PBX & Telephony solutions to my clients and am a registered telco, in the interest of helping a fellow small business I’d like to extend unbiased free advice to you if you’d like some assistance in figuring out what you need for your business and which of the many routes to go down.

I see so many people fall into traps, so I want to make sure that doesn’t happen to you.

Feel free to PM me if you’d like, otherwise good luck and I hope you find a suitable solution.

Matt

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 261811, member: 60404 wrote:
    Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for the link. As I said in my post I think I now have decision paralysis. opps.

The two that I have narrowed it down to are both on the list.

I have been so busy that I have put it on hold for a few weeks, but I plan to make my decision next week.

Cheers
    Mischelle
    I am available to consult with you [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER].

I want you to know both that I have a coin ready to flip for you and as Consultant Fees go, mine are very reasonable :-)

Mischelle
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 261823, member: 78928 wrote:
    I am available to consult with you [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER].

I want you to know both that I have a coin ready to flip for you and as Consultant Fees go, mine are very reasonable :)
    Thanks Paul, I am signing up to trial the 2 short listed options to check any latency in the voice.

:):):)

tadere
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

hey Mischelle,

just out of curiosity, who did you end up going with?

Henry Chow
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Mischelle,
    I may be a bit late in responding to your query. If you still need help, please let us know.
    Regards
    Henry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.