Home – New Forums Get productive Need help letting go of my work to Staff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    ::
    JacquiPryor, post: 265589, member: 20176 wrote:
    A little late to the thread [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] – firstly, I am actually in a really similar situation with a support staff member and whether hand holding is me being control freak or her really needing it?! She knows/understands more than she knows she understands! I get tempted (daily) to throw her in the deep end because I know she’ll swim rather than sink but still don’t do it for some reason, so, completely get your post here!

Secondly – notice the members commenting here? Depending on location you might not have to do your own mowing and yard work! [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] might not know it until I post it here, but in my head is “forum father” – don’t always have to agree, but always sound advice and doesn’t beat around the bush. Great respect for everything Bert has to say here! (like, recently we didn’t agree about time of day for wines but we got over that and I think we’re still friends?!)

Thirdly [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] and [USER=795]@Johnny[/USER] are both always so helpful. The time they both take to address so many posts here is admirable. Reminds me why this is such a great forum/community to be a part of! We really do have a virtual sounding board around here!

Fourthly, your last post (tagging) me was after midday, so, well…

Fifthly, I refuse to think about ‘Let it Go’ and get sucked into a Frozen vortex!

(In essence, I’m no help whatsoever but if you tag me, if nothing else, I will respond! But, in seriousness, if ever feeling like you’re overthinking, stuck or unsure – feel free to reach out either here – or shoot me an email [email protected] or call me (8288 1432) – more than happy ANY time to be a sounding board or brainstorm partner or anything you need! – and, we can do that over coffee or wine – I like both so not fussy as to preference ;) )
    Hi Jacqui,

When I’m in Victoria next I would love to catch up, maybe a few of us could do it – cheese and we will raid Bert’s cellar :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Unfortunately I will be mowing my own lawn forever, it’s 11 acres LOL. I actually don’t mind the mowing part, as I have a fancy zero turn wiz bang ride-on, it’s picking up branches and sticks that are a nightmare, but I will be getting a stick rake soon I hope LOL

I bet when you typed Fifthly, I refuse to think about ‘Let it Go’ and get sucked into a Frozen vortex! you got the song in your head :):)

As for the actual reason for the post, I decided the deep end it was going to be, I spoke to my staff and she is excited to give it a go.

BUT, I also have to try and let go if she makes mistakes etc, this is what I am trying to learn, as I have such high standards, sometimes I have to remember that those standards can be a little bit too high, but all my staff know me very well, and they understand how I operate.

When I am back from my trip coming up I might give you a call. (Off to the Philippines, PNG and India – yeah)

Cheers
    Mischelle :):):)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 265637, member: 60404 wrote:
    When I am back from my trip coming up I might give you a call. (Off to the Philippines, PNG and India – yeah)

And you are jealous of my cellar, Where is Jacqui, Lucas, Paul and my invite

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    bb1, post: 265639, member: 53375 wrote:
    And you are jealous of my cellar, Where is Jacqui, Lucas, Paul and my invite

Sounds like we need to send ourselves invites to this exclusive party ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Everyone’s welcome. We really should try a do a meet up at some point in time, it would be amazing. I have spoken to a few people on these boards and only met one person face to face, even after all these years.

[USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] I get to see many places, but mostly the inside of airports and offices LOL, but sometimes I do get the weekends to have little adventures, except in PNG, I don’t really go anywhere in PNG other than the office and my sleeping quarters.

India is one of my favourites, it’s truly a unique place, lively, loud, busy and bright, but so so so HOT this time of year. (I go to the south east side for clients).

I forgot to add Dubai to the list, I will be going there directly from India, now that is an amazing place. :):)

And then I come home and sleep for a few days from exhaustion LOL

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Yes, it would be great to do a face to face one of these days! I get a bit too comfortable on the boards I forget (only sometimes) there’s a ‘real life’ out there. Bert’s not that far from me, so I can do a drive by and sus out the cellar before we lock it in as the meeting place!

Haha – I love the strange directions these posts take on here! I’m not much of a red drinker so those choices don’t tempt me (although, maybe at 6am red would be a better choice than white?)

Well done for jumping in the deep end! I completely understand the nervousness that comes with that, but sounds like the right decision. Given she is excited to give it a go, she’ll no doubt do a good job and give it her best AND in the event of any mistakes, I imagine she’d quickly realise them, learn from them and grow because of them – which of course results in good outcome for you and (maybe, perhaps, hopefully) reduce the anxiety next time you’re faced with such a decision.

In any event – enjoy your travels and would love to chat one of these days :)

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.