Home – New Forums Find the help you need Need help regarding cloth importing in Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tusher053
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I am Hushi, I am intended to start importing cloth into Australia from Bangladesh. Before I commence my business, I have got a few questions. I will be really grateful if somebody help me get those answers.

1. since initially I am gonna start with a low budget so my agent at Bangladesh will send my stuffs by air freight. Do I have to register for GST for it.

2. Is there any better way to find a suitable retailer for the smaller sole trader like me, I mean how should I approach to retailer for my marketing purposes. Probably I will have maximum 1000 pices of cloths altogether.

3. I have ABN, is it enough to start initially.

4. will it be intelligent to bring my stuffs and stock them at home before having the order.

thanks everyone for putting your valuable time.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo! Hopefully some of our members can help you out – best of luck. :)

Dave
    P.S. I would just start talking to smaller retailers and share your plans – until you’ve had these conversations you don’t know if this is a good opportunity or not.

tusher053
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 249335, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi and welcome to Flying Solo! Hopefully some of our members can help you out – best of luck. :)

Dave
    P.S. I would just start talking to smaller retailers and share your plans – until you’ve had these conversations you don’t know if this is a good opportunity or not.

Hi Dave, I really appreciate your approach, just can’t say thank you enough.

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi Hushi,
    I agree with Dave.
    You must do your market research and determine why a retailer would consider your products.
    You have to be very strategic in your approach.
    Understand who the customer is, what the gap in the market is and where the products could potentially fit.
    If these are ready made products this may be a concern as you have to determine if they are right for the AUS market.
    1000 is a lot of stock to import without a plan.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.