Home – New Forums Selling online Need help with new website – WordPress/Woocart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smcka
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hopefully this doesn’t break any rules.

We’re building a new shopping cart and need to have a freight solution for shipping with a freight company, whom do not have any sort of web-based links to generate quotes.

Has any one got recommendations for a person or compnay that can help develop a shipping module that will integrate into the above platforms? I had one similar years ago based on an excel spreadsheet and looks like this is the way to go.

This person needs to be able to do it, not think they can do it as I’ve been down that road.

thanks

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Go to the Woo website, check out the authors of the plugins, and give them a hoy. Expect to pay $1000’s.

Not sure why one of the current shipping modules couldn’t do the job? There are some that are very flexible.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi there,

I think what you’re after is an existing module that WooThemes offer for WooCommerce called “Table Rate Shipping”. Link here – http://www.woothemes.com/products/table-rate-shipping-2/

From your description it sounds like the freight company you want to use do not offer any API etc for generating shipping rates ‘on the fly’ through their system.

I won’t try to re-explain the module since they do it pretty well, below is copied from the WooThemes site.

The table rate shipping module extends WooCommerce’ default shipping options giving you highly customisable shipping options.

Define multiple shipping rates based on location, price, weight, or item count. Wildcards may be used to match multiple regions too.

Create zones for target shipping destinations
    Add multiple tables of rates per zone
    Several types of table rate calculation: Per order, Calculated per item, Calculated per line, Calculated per class
    Add rules based on Weight, Number of items, Number of items by class and Price
    Add costs per row, per item cost, a percentage and per weight unit

This is basically like uploading an excel spreadsheet of costs like you’ve previously used.

Maclean

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.