Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Need help with THANKS email template to clients please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

Hi all friends here!

I am thinking about sending out an email to say Thanks to all clients who have used our service and maybe asking them to write a review for me! My business is a cruise agent. Do you know where I can get some email templates for this purpose?

Beside sending out some types of email like this, do you know any other way to encourage my clients to write for me a review? What is the most important point that I should know when asking clients to write a review?

Thanks and I hope to hear your ideas soon!
    Darian

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Using templates = fastest way to loose customers.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you’re not sure what to say or ask, outsource to a good copywriter. They’ll do a better job, in a fraction of the time, for a small cost.

Worth their weight in gold !!

Wendy :)

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

A template really doesn’t work unless you use it simply as a guide and completely personalise the letter yourself.

Wendy, is right, a copywriter is the way to go.

Anna from Copybreak is fantastic.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

I think thE OP might have meant a HTML template? Or perhaps content template. If it is design templates I usually grab mine from here and customise it slightly:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/templates/

Many e-mail programs have built in templates. If you are talking about content, you can go through emails you’ve received previously and pick one you like and base it off that. It’s usually a good habit to save anything that catches your eye while you are surfing around or getting sent promotional emails :) you can even create a “junkmail” email for this purpose – just collecting promotional emails to reference later.

Otherwise copywriters are a great source of good content.

With regards to your question about getting reviews – you can give them an incentive to do it, but make sure you make it as easy as possible for them. Online form or a reply back is usually the easiest. Just asking also works as well if you have a good relationship with your customers :)

Thanks for reading

Wendy Huang

DarianCulbert
    Up

Thank you all for your help! Wendy is right! What I am looking for is an email template, especially for cruise agent! Sorry if I got you wrong because of the words that I used!

Most of my clients just come to visit Halong Bay in Vietnam one time only. They are very happy working with me before and during their trip, they are also happy after the trip when I call them to ask about the trip. Most of them promised that they will write for me a review when they are home!

But then after returning home, they seem to be busy with their works and don’t remember to write for me a review!

The problem is that I don’t know when they are free and when they are willing to write the review for me. If I remind them about the review, they will have the feeling that I am chasing them and push them to do their homework!

Therefore, that’s the reason why I want to design an email to thank them for using my service and ask them to write for me a review (especially on Tripadvisor if anyone here knows about this site).

Is there any secret in asking clients to write review for a service that they use one time only? What will you do if you were in my situation please?

Again, thanks for your help and look forward to hearing your ideas soon!
    Darian

mja1906
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Darian,

I am in the same boat as you. I am a small tour operator that offers authentic tours of northern Thailand. 90% of clients have an amazing time with us and say that they will happily write a review once they are home, and about 60% of the time they do.

Normally 5-10 days after the tour, I send them a polite email asking them for feedback and to leave a review on Tripadvisor and provide our TA link.
    Most of the time this works, and they leave a review, but sometimes even if they reply saying they will leave a review, they never actually do, I guess they become too busy back at work. I agree, its tricky because you don’t want to follow up too much and feel like you’re chasing for homework.

I came across this useful link its for hotels, but you can adapt if for tours-
    http://www.hotelmarketingstrategies.com/thank-you-email-for-reviews/

It provides a template/guidance on how you should draft the email

So let me know, if you find any tips or have any successes with this

DarianCulbert
    Up

Thank you so much for sharing, Mja1906!
    I don’t think that 100% of guests will write reviews for us because not all of our emails come to them on the right time so 60% is a good result already!

At the moment, I just try to serve my clients as the best I can, call them after the trip, then should email them after 5-10 days! I believe this will work!
    The main point is how to encourage them to write review because the review is important for our business, not for them!

I think this is an emotional issue. If guests want to write reviews, they will do that even we don’t ask them! If not, no mater what technique you use, they will ignore all! So just try our best and let our clients decide ;-)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    DarianCulbert, post: 121700 wrote:
    I think this is an emotional issue. If guests want to write reviews, they will do that even we don’t ask them! If not, no mater what technique you use, they will ignore all! So just try our best and let our clients decide ;-)A little reminder can’t hurt. People are quick to complain when things go bad, but not so quick to give a review when everything goes well.
    mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Making it easy for them also. As mentioned putting in the link to your tripadvisor listings/page(?) in your email is a good idea.

When I plan and make a trip I go through so many websites, but I don’t necessary recall which sites I booked through or used. It’s not something you really feel like doing after returning is trying to hunt back through to find operators you used, logins to websites etc.

If it is really important to you to get the reviews, perhaps you could offer incentives. Something like a discount off next trip, or gift voucher for an online photo printing company.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    Couple It, post: 119601 wrote:
    If you’re not sure what to say or ask, outsource to a good copywriter. They’ll do a better job, in a fraction of the time, for a small cost.

Worth their weight in gold !!

Wendy :)

Agree

DarianCulbert
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 121718 wrote:
    People are quick to complain when things go bad, but not so quick to give a review when everything goes well.

Yes, I couldn’t agree more!
    The interesting thing is that during my conversation with the clients, they are very happy and always say thank, thank you very much… and many of them promise to write good review for me when they are home! But then they forget and never remember that! Why people do that? If they know that they will not write review, why do they promise? If they promise, why do they break their own promise?

DarianCulbert
    Up
    mexham, post: 121730 wrote:
    Making it easy for them also. As mentioned putting in the link to your tripadvisor listings/page(?) in your email is a good idea.

When I plan and make a trip I go through so many websites, but I don’t necessary recall which sites I booked through or used. It’s not something you really feel like doing after returning is trying to hunt back through to find operators you used, logins to websites etc.

If it is really important to you to get the reviews, perhaps you could offer incentives. Something like a discount off next trip, or gift voucher for an online photo printing company.

Thanks Mexham,

I put the link to the Tripadvisor page in our emails and I think it helps the clients when they first contact us because from the link, they can read reviews of other people about us. However, when they finish the tour, I have the feeling that now they feel they have to write a review because I put the link to the review page! Does this sound true?

I also think about the incentives or discount for them for the next trip if they write review but actually in my situation, not many people return the place! They often visit just one time! :-(

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Just a thought…

Perhaps you could ask people during their stay, when they’re enjoying it the most, to write a review.

Sow the seeds…

There’s no harm in asking anyhow, and ur asking will be more potent at the point of them enjoying themselves, than at a later point where they may be coming to terms with their credit card bills, or whatever emotional or finanical issues they’ve since faced.

Strike early, even if the iron is warm.

mja1906
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Darian, I am in the same boat , our trips and destination are ‘once in a lifetime’ kind of trips so most do not return, so its difficult to offer an incentive for a next visit.

and I agree, its very much an emotive thing, I think people will write a review if they really want to (although a reminder, and making it easier by providing a link) certainly help this course. Interestingly, most of our reviews are written by females!

Here’s a brainstorm idea….we normally take pics/video during our tours and give a copy to clients at the end of the trip. Perhaps we should hold off doing this, and post it to them instead. This way, if they know there are is a dvd with holiday pics in the pipeline, it might give them that extra encouragement to write a review? Or is that too sneaky? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.