Home – New Forums Find the help you need Need inexpensive print service for small quantity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::
    Chris Bates, post: 28037 wrote:
    Yes! My method it’s about $0.03 per page :P A CISS is a bit more of a cost to set up, but it’s so cheap to run.

CISS I use: http://www.rihac.com.au/
    Printer I use: http://epson.com.au/products/multifunctional/stylusphotoTX810FW.asp

But still – it’s great for small runs, not for quantity.

This place is an absolute goldmine of information! Who knew these things existed??? (Ok, Chris, you did lol.)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Haha I didn’t know these existed until I walked into a printer shop looking at a $1000 colour laser to do a short runs of promo material.

I walked out with a $500 solution that was double the quality and cheaper to run.

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Legendary! I love it when something unexpected turns into one of the best solutions you didn’t know you could get!

DjDante
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Just worth noting,

I had a larger run of flyers (1000) done through a printer on matt gloss finish DL flyers.

I have Illustrator but have no iea how to use it. I just used Photoshop to design the image and then turned it into a PDF with the right dimensions.

The print guys had no dramas with that. So as far as I can tell, you can use whatever software you like , provided you convert it to PDF before sending it into the printer (if you get it professinally printed).

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

@Damien – That is somewhat correct and it depends on whats in the file.

Basically before anything is printed it will go through whats called a “rip”, which converts the file into instructions the printer / press can understand.

If the artwork is not set up correctly it can conflict with the rip and give undesirable results.

I’m not saying this happens all the time, it depends a lot on your artwork – how complex it is, whether it uses transparency / drop shadows / gradients etc.

Most commercial printers will run it through whats called a “prepress” to check to see if there are any problems. But, there are an awfully large number of things that can go wrong, so to be on the safe side it’s best to notify the printer of what software was used to create the artwork so they can keep their eye out. (As each program has it’s pitfalls)

biznprint
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi,

We provide high quality printing at a cheaper cost.
    Also, you can customize the stocks for your needs.

In addition to that, you can use our website to order it.

Please, try out website for more detais at http://www.biznprint.com.au

Thank you for your time

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.