Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Need marketing help for skincare business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    ::

I just went to your site with Internet Explorer 8 and it is totally screwed up.

IE browsers are used by 60% of Internet users. Your site is totally unusable and therefore dead if this is the way most people see it.

Have you checked it on multiple web browsers?

Regs,
    JohnW

RICH Skincare
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    JohnW, post: 121380 wrote:
    I just went to your site with Internet Explorer 8 and it is totally screwed up.

IE browsers are used by 60% of Internet users. Your site is totally unusable and therefore dead if this is the way most people see it.

Have you checked it on multiple web browsers?

Regs,
    JohnW

Hi John,

You’re right, thanks for letting us know. Our site was tested on recent browsers such as IE9 and we definitely plan to cover older versions but it’s a matter of priorities at the moment. Just FYI only 15% of hits on our site have been from IE and only 6% of hits have been from IE8 or below, so thankfully it’s not most people.

jamee88
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Congratulations on the new launch! well you must make a profile on facebook and add pictures of your clinic there. plus tell the viewers about the services you provide. you can give free daily tips on general skin care which will make people aware of how much knowledge you have on this subject. plus they can judge your tip’s authenticity:) you can also conduct general interviews and take testimonials from clients and with their consent publish recorded video clips:)

iMatrix
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Congartulations for launching your site..!

Have you tried advertising via QR Codes ? print a QR Code that is embeded with a link to your website or to a mobile optimised page on your site and offer some specials, discounts, a competition or a video that shows the benefits of using your products. You’ll be surprised to see how many people will scan the QR code and be redirected to your website.

Also you can put QR codes on some of your products and packaging !

Hope this helps. Cheers

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    RICH Skincare, post: 121386 wrote:
    Just FYI only 15% of hits on our site have been from IE and only 6% of hits have been from IE8 or below…
    There are so many options these days. I just checked a client’s site that is targeting consumers and their stats are:

IE = 46%
    Safari = 25%
    Firefox = 14%
    Chrome = 10%

Of the IE browsers:

IE9 = 52%
    IE8 = 40%

According to that site, IE8 is the 3rd most used browser.

Perhaps you are missing far more traffic than you realise.

Hope that helps.

Regs,
    JohnW

jamee88
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Social Media Optimization is the best trick in town to make the website popular over nights just smart moves and effective social media presence is needed.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi Danielle

Well done, I really like the freshness of the website, it feels warm and well without being to corny, Rich! The colours mixed on white are really nice.

I would say as a tip, look at that value you have with the website and promote it, sell it, get people looking at it. What you are doing here on FS is great for that. If you havent already, add the signature to your posts and extend the web chat you are doing to get known, in addition to FB and other social medias like Twitter. Look at YouTube and get you voice and face out there too.

SEO is key if the web is your major focus of marketing. Read and learn about the elements of SEO, There is much you can do on your own. Now, yes it will take time and often without seeing results for a while but it will be worth it as you learn and succeed in SEO. Here is a link that may get you started, written by an associate web programmer and SEO expert, http://www.thesimpleseoguide.com/

Think about the possible enhancements of your site like using the Click To Call service or adding a 1300 Number to your contacts. These can enhance traffic interaction and perceptions and can be done with little cost increases to you. We can help with any information needed.

And then I guess leg work, get those brochures out there. Carry business cards with you and promote you wherever you are. Handing out cards and cards, doing the leg work and meeting people. This will create a relationship and emotional content to your brand which appears very important to your industry given the personal nature of the skin care business model.

Good luck and enjoy the expansion, it sounds like you are well on your way!

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    RICH Skincare, post: 120609 wrote:
    Does anyone have suggestions on low-cost ways to promote a skincare business?

Hi Danielle

There are few effective and low cost ways to promote a business – you need to invest time and money in marketing.

One thing you must do on your website is promote the benefits rather than just the ingredients of your skin care range, As its your own range you may well have some expertise as to the formulation, and you should promote the benefits/ philosophy behind it in more depth.

You also need to develop product specific pages on your site which describe the benefits in more detail than the cart. Where you can – write stories. These can become landing pages for pay per click – Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing. Despite the competition in this market and relatively low unit sale values, there will be pay per click keywords that are profitable for you. You should also develop ads on Google’s placement network.

You can also use the pay per click data to improve sales by working out exactly what people are looking for and targeting it precisely

Use your blog posts -as you have started doing – and embedded video etc to improve search rankings.

Pay per click marketing is not cheap, but once you get on top of it it will deliver a continual stream of reliable sales. Social media is really just dabbling at the edges.

dannyp
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Danielle,

I just quickly scanned over your thread and picked up that you are targeting 35+ career women for your skin care range.

If it were me, I would have sales reps in the cbd everyday going business to business, because that is were your going to find your target market.

I would also be looking at signing them up on a program where you will send them your product every month or so.

I would also be looking for a young good looking male salesperson, because if there is one thing middle age women like, its that toyboy.

I must stress, I have no experience with skin care, so I don’t know much if anything about the market. This is just what came to mind straight away.

NeilM
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Hi everyone,

I have just launched my own skincare line “RICH Skincare”, http://www.richskincare.com.au and need some help with marketing tips. I have a facebook page, contacted a few online websites and publications and have ordered DL and brochures. But I am finding it all a bit costly. Does anyone have suggestions on low-cost ways to promote a skincare business?

Also any feedback on the website content would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Danielle

Hi Danielle

Congrats on the look of your site. I love your use of crisp green on pristine white. I think you’re right on the money emotionally. You get the feel you’re looking after yourself – just by visting the site!

There have been some great suggestions here as to how to market your site.

One I thought of that you should definitely consider is tapping into your existing contacts – family, friends and acquaintances.

Sit down and list everyone you know who would fall into those categories. And then write a friendly and personal letter or email (is fine) letting them know that:

1. you’ve started a new business which you are really excited about
    2. you’d love them to take a look at your website and Facebook page (provide links)
    3. and that you know its a bit of an ask, but you’d love them to support you by letting their friends and acquaintances know about your site (give them a specific number eg 5).

Aussies by nature are a supportive bunch. So given your site looks great and is something you can be proud of (and inadvertently, your contacts can be proud of too), I’m sure many of them would be very willing to give your site(s) a plug.

Secondly, every time someone purchases your products and you send the item to them, consider “going-the-extra-mile” and delighting them with:

1) a personalised thank-you note
    2) a little something extra that was unexpected
    3) information about related products that they might also be interested in

or a variation of the three.

The fact that you take the time to thank them will be a real “wow” on its own and is likely to form the beginnings of a relationship which will be invaluable in building repeat business – what you’re hopefully trying to achieve.

It’s a bit of work I know, but it’s rare that you’ll have that captive audience – so why not maximise that advantage?

Cheers

Neil M

MultiMedia
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Dear Danielle,
    Your products look sensational and congratulations on them being made in Australia. It is wonderful to see :)
    As a woman in you core target, the things that will get me to try a new skincare product are
    1) Results – I would recommend some pictures of results users are having with the products on your website and in your blog articles
    2) Recommendations from friends – I had a look at your Facebook Page and you likers are currently sitting at 32 likers since June. If this was my business, I would be running some targeted Cost per click or cost per like campaigns through Facebook to boost my numbers and influence. Think of Facebook as word of mouth elevated and network with female skewed groups on Facebook as “Rich Skincare”. Offer likers of Rich Skincare special deals / skincare tips etc.
    3) Price and Value for money
    4) The ingredients and how natural they are

The weekly time spent online by Australians is now 21.54 hours (overtaking TV at 15.30) but if your online campaign is not set up and managed correctly, your cost per lead can become very expensive.

Some tips for your website
    Make sure your website is compatible with mobile devices and tablets
    Maybe offer a starter pack on the website as a package price. Ie Cleanser, moisturiser& scrub for a special price of $X

There are many things I could suggest to you so please reply to this comment with any questions.
    Jazz

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Hi Danielle,

Congratulations! The range looks fabulous. One thing I did notice about your website when I got there… why should I be looking at your range as opposed to another? It doesn’t really say. When you click through to the about page, you have some awesome things listed: Made in Australia, NO Sulphates, NO Parabens, NO Artificial colours or fragrances. These are MASSIVE bonuses for me in a skincare range and I’d be more inclined to browse more if I saw this info on the home page.

The product pages look great by the way. :)

In regards to marketing, the best form of low cost marketing is networking and referrals in my opinion. If you haven’t tried it already, I’d be getting out there and offering samples, parties, whatever you can to get the word out there.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I have just launched my own skincare line “RICH Skincare”, http://www.richskincare.com.au and need some help with marketing tips. I have a facebook page, contacted a few online websites and publications and have ordered DL and brochures. But I am finding it all a bit costly. Does anyone have suggestions on low-cost ways to promote a skincare business?

Also any feedback on the website content would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Danielle

RICH Skincare
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have been taking it all on board and I have already started to change the website to reflect your suggestions :)

I am currently updating the home page, I will list Made in Australia, NO Sulphates, NO Parabens, NO Artificial colours or fragrances. Thank you for pointing that out. Our main point of difference is that we offer natural and anti-ageing ingredients such as Matrixyl® 3000, so I will look into expressing that as well.

dannyp – “If it were me, I would have sales reps in the cbd everyday going business to business, because that is were your going to find your target market. I would also be looking at signing them up on a program where you will send them your product every month or so.”

Interesting idea, do you know where to find good sales reps in Sydney? What sort of commissions do they get?

Cheers.

jennyarnol
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Constant communication with your customer base is essential when marketing a skin care line. Customers can provide invaluable input regarding everything from the quality of the product and packaging to the pricing and promotion. So just be in touch with customers to grow your business.

Cats
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Hi Danielle,

As skin care manufacturers, we see brands born every week, however, the majority don’t survive. That is not to say yours will not survive, just that the area you have chosen is a fickle one, so you need to be aware of that. It will take a great deal of money and energy, so if you have both of those you will be in a better position to give it a good go.

Next, think about how you want to portray yourself. An example is using Matrixyl 3000 (which is simply a trade name and contains several ingredients which may not be desirable in the ‘natural’ world). In this case, Matrixyl 3000 consists mainly of Glycerine and water, then Butylene Glycol (normally used as an humectant, meaning it pulls moisture from the air and holds it against the skin to give the illusion of being moisturised. Found to be a human irritant. Animal studies date back to 1941 on this ingredient).
    The next ingredient is Carbomer – polymers of acrylic acid
    Then Polysorbate 20 – surfactant/emulsifier
    Then Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – a synthetic peptide
    And also Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7 – a synthetic peptide

In this case the mix doesn’t contain parabens but each ingredient has been processed which can cause them to be contaminated with other ingredients.
    As much as the internet can work for your brand, it can also work against you and this is the reason I’m pointing out just one of the ingredients and saying to have a think about how you want to brand it.
    We have also found that most companies find Social Media to be relatively useless in terms of increasing sales.

I wanted to mention (to anyone listening/reading) not to shoot Nick Humphries as he does have a powerful message there.

All the best – feel free to touch base!

Cats :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.