Home – New Forums Money matters Need recommendations on Accouting Software for Ebay store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    perla
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

I would like to gather some thoughts on what accounting software should I look into for my small business. I’ve been selling on Ebay for about a year and I’m using GNU cash for record keeping and bank reconciliation. This year the business starts to grow and I’m planning to expanding and starting another business so I think I should invest in a software that would suit my needs.

I’m a sole trader. I have a Ebay store that sells craft & scrapbook supplies. The business at the moment is still small and I’m selling only about 30-50 items per week. I’m hoping that if the business gets better at some point in the future I might consider having my own website. I’m also in the process of starting up a new venture in online clothing business which I plan to sell them through my own website. The variety of the products of this 2nd venture will be minimal as I’ll be having less than 20 SKUs. Currently this is just a one-person business.

I’m looking into an accounting software that would allow to me to grow and accommodate both my Ebay business and my websites particularly in the inventory management. Any advices would be great! Thanks so much.

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    perla, post: 68631 wrote:
    I would like to gather some thoughts on what accounting software should I look into for my small business.

I think you should try our software :-)

It does PayPal integration as well as inventory and all the accounting features a micro Australian business needs and it is SIMPLE to use.

We’ve been working with a few ebay-traders (and some power sellers) in developing this solution and it is becoming a very nice one.

Plus you’ll get the chance to make suggestions in case you think of something a business such as yours may require.

microsync
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Xero.com
    Myob.com.au

Have a look at the above online accounting packages.

Regards,
    Iss

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

All my Ebay store clients use Xero or get us to do their bookkeeping. It integrates with Paypal making life at least a bit easier for you.

perla
    Up

Thanks so much for all replies.

Colleen
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Saasu has connectors that will link your ebay store as well as paypal to your accounting software. Saasu has full inventory and payroll functions for almost half the price of Xero.

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

If you are not sending invoices out to customers from Xero then their are cheaper solutions available through Xero Partners.

perla
    Up
    Colleen, post: 69027 wrote:
    Saasu has connectors that will link your ebay store as well as paypal to your accounting software. Saasu has full inventory and payroll functions for almost half the price of Xero.

Thanks Colleen. I’m also looking into Sasuus too as their prices are lower and they have full inventory feature that I really want.

perla
    Up
    Dardee, post: 69179 wrote:
    If you are not sending invoices out to customers from Xero then their are cheaper solutions available through Xero Partners.

Could you recommend what solutions should I be looking into? I do not need to send invoices from Xero as I normally send them through Ebay system.

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Xero have Cashbook subscriptions that are $19/month that do everything their business editions do except for ability to issue invoices.

If you want more info on this feel free to contact me.

mbwyatt
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    Colleen, post: 69027 wrote:

YES …. DO LOOK AT SASSU seriously. I know other people have their preferences and there’s certainly no problem there, however, some of the cost versus benefit issues I have heard from other suppliers compared to Sassu have been mind boggling.

Don’t think you necessarily need to have a “new” business for new activities. At the end of the day you are proposing (or rather running) an online retail business. And, you can run a website and an eBay store at the same time as the same business … The website may even enhance your eBay presence.

If you do start a new business that’s all well and good (perhaps you are looking to start a company or trust etc) … just remember the bookwork for these then need to be kept separate.

Kind Regards,
    Mike

Please note this information should not be taken as advice, as it is not intended to be. It is not possible to provide advice without fully understanding your circumstances or being engaged to provide you with advice. This information is merely general and very basic in nature, other information affecting your circumstance is unknown. You should contact your accountant for specific advice about your situation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.