Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Need small business near train station, or stadium to trial new product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brian Cud
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I am looking to trial my mobile phone battery rental system to get some feedback from customers. I am looking for a suitable business to partner with and happy to negotiate any conditions etc…

Brian Cud
    Up

I am in the Brisbane area

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

[USER=100938]@Brian Cud[/USER] – Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Perhaps you could tell us exactly what you have or how it is different to others on the market or the backstory in general?

Cheers

Brian Cud
    Up

Currently in Australia this service is not available right now

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Brian,

How would the service work exactly?

Dave

Brian Cud
    Up

Hi Dave, for the MVP, the service would work on the Library card system. $20 deposit, and $3 per day rental. After 7 days, battery is considered sold

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Wouldn’t you be most likely to find a suitable business by going to the locations where your product is best suited and speaking to them in person?

Brian Cud
    Up

Hi David,
    Yes, I have done so, but find that most of the business in the retail space are not so interested in a rental model, as it does not fit into their current business model. I am looking for someone who can do a rental model and is in a high footfall area.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

In terms of “going where your target market is” to find potential partners, while I can understand you posting here (why not?), I do think you’re simply going to have to continue to pound the pavement and/or modify how you’re presenting to prospects, how you’re packaging it, price points, ROI …etc.

No one says no to making money, if you can convince someone they will make money from what you’re offering they will say yes.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

(and yes, I’ve been in a similar position of getting something new into a similar type of location in the past… ;) )

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

I am sure you have already considered it, but it sounds like an ideal fit for a vending machine model at large shopping centres and train stations or backpackers accommodation etc.

Brian_MR
    Up

Hi Brian I run and own http://www.microrentals.com.au where we rent/hire/lease IT equipment short and long term. Let me know when a good time to chat will be.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.