Home – New Forums Selling online Need some helps for my business….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vennerator
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi there!
    I am starting up my online business, selling hand-made bags(with my own trademark), and will also manufacture as wholesales to other small businesses as well… So my main target customers will be individuals and businesses.
    Now here are my questions:

1. If a shop asks me to manufacture one of my hand-made bags with its own trademark instead of using mine, how much should I charge?

2. If a shop asks me to manufacture one of my hand-made bags with my trademark, how much should I charge?

Is there anywhere I can get this type of information?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi

Personally I do not think there is a specific way to charge or equate this… However, i do believe you need to consider:

1. Is your name something you are trying to build upon? Eg brand awareness? If so it may not pay to put another’s logo on your product unless they commit to you in the way of minimum orders etc

2. If you put someone’s logo on your bag, does this then become an exclusive product for that client or will you be rebadging it multiple times?

3. What is motivating you to put someone else’s branding on your product? I know you are wholesaling, although can’t you still retain your name?

4. Who is keeping the intellectual property of the design?

Just a few queries and thoughts.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Vennerator
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 191320 wrote:
    Hi

Personally I do not think there is a specific way to charge or equate this… However, i do believe you need to consider:

1. Is your name something you are trying to build upon? Eg brand awareness? If so it may not pay to put another’s logo on your product unless they commit to you in the way of minimum orders etc

2. If you put someone’s logo on your bag, does this then become an exclusive product for that client or will you be rebadging it multiple times?

3. What is motivating you to put someone else’s branding on your product? I know you are wholesaling, although can’t you still retain your name?

4. Who is keeping the intellectual property of the design?

Just a few queries and thoughts.

Jason

Hi Jason

Thank you so much for your responses!!

Well, that’s what I have been thinking as well.

First of all, I design the bags hand make them as well, I wish to wholesale my bags and of course with my own trademark for marketing’s sakes. But I also consider that if some businesses want to take over the design with their own trademarks, it means I am not able to retain my name anymore?

I am confused, still thinking how I should sell my bags. I get your point, maybe I just stuck with:

1. individual customers
    2. wholesaling to businesses(with my own trademark)

Do you have other good ideas?

By the way, when wholesaling a product, how much should I take off the original price? Is there any specific formula i should apply for?

Many thanks indeed.

Vennerator
    Up

Hi Jason

Thanks for your responses!!

Well, that’s what I have been thinking as well.

First of all, I design the bags hand make them as well, I wish to wholesale my bags and of course with my own trademark for marketing’s sakes. But I also consider that if some businesses want to take over the design with their own trademarks, it means I am not able to retain my name anymore?

I am confused, still thinking how I should sell my bags. I get your point, maybe I just stuck with:

1. individual customers
    2. wholesaling to businesses(with my own trademark)

Do you have other good ideas?

By the way, when wholesaling a product, how much should I take off the original price? Is there any specific formula i should apply for?

Many thanks indeed.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Nice response Jason

This industry you are heading into is a difficult one. Are these questions due to actual scenarios or just ideas you have?

If they are just ideas – I would wait and see what your clients are looking for. If they are looking for a white label product that they can label handbags are tricky as the design often stays with a label.

Otherwise if you are just getting started then it is the brand you are building and regardless of wholesale or retail they are selling because of the design and then ultimately the brand you create.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.