Home – New Forums Find the help you need Need Web Developer for Ecommerce Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mgiang
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am looking for a web developer to build up an ecommerce site, even if they can source an existing shopping cart template and incorporate a new design (that is in the works). It is important that the developer is responsive, organised, easy to work with and good value (of course!). They will need to work closely with the graphic designer and business owner. Previously it has been a bit of a nightmare – so referrals are much appreciated!!

We already have an existing shopping cart and it appears its more expensive to modify the cart so any suggestions from web developers please do get in contact with me

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Hi,

I may be able to help you out, but would love to see what kind of site you have, who your target market is, what software you are currently using for your website etc.

Could you please post a link to your current site so we can take a look and see if it is a match to our areas of expertise or our preferred web site developers’.

Doing so will help you find a better selection of developers that would work well with your designer and business owner.

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Hi,
    I have an theme-able e-Commerce package that may be suitable, like Fiona (Hi Fiona) I would like some more information on what you have, what you want to do and how do you take payments, how are you hosted etc…

Regards

Mike Allen

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

Hi mgiang,

Just to throw another option into the mix, feel free to try us out or even get a free quote. You can find out more about us at http://www.chromatix.com.au

As per Mike and Fiona (hi everyone), let us know what hosting, current cart, details you are using etc and we’ll go from there.

Cheers
    Irwin

onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93
    Up

Hi mgiang,

Apart from my own web development, I work for a web development company http://www.webcare.com.au who are very experienced in e-commerce sites. Re-skinning existing sites is a common request.

Happy to quote also if you are interested. Here is a portfolio of some of our e-commerce sites… http://webcare.com.au/category-3.html

TheWebExpert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Hi Mina,

I would stay a LONG way away from any provider who is offering an ecommerce package which is propriety. You will get locked into the host, and their price structures and increases in those prices.

If you cannot have the ability to move your website to another provider, and have ownership of your site – is it really your site??

Dont expose yourself to these providers, who just expose your online business to risks you dont need. If they go out of business – your business has downtime as you have your site rebuilt, or you go out of business yourself.

Just my opinions.

Vee

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Seems to me the original poster has dropped aay a little bit.

Would love them to come back and tell us a bit about their business. (Curiosity has been getting the better of me!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.