Home – New Forums Selling online Need website to buy wholesale.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tracypat
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi

I am thinking of starting a craft supply business online.

I don’t have a website yet as have just been selling stuff on eBay and marketplace.

I have contacted a wholesaler with very low minimum order requirements but to open an account I need a physical shop or website.

Anybody know a way around this as I obviously don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a website just to check out their wholesale pricing as I’m in the planning stages.

Thanks for any help.

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Hello [USER=114516]@Tracypat[/USER] getting a B2B website does not have to cost $1000’s and if you are willing to do some of it yourself (add the content) it can be done for $49 / month. eCorner have a B2B solution that is built for Australian businesses and you can be up and running quickly. You can find out more at our website – https://www.ecorner.com.au/B2B-eCommerce.

The main issues with B2B is to enable flexible pricing for your products based on the customer you are selling to. So you need the ability to create bulk and / or value based discount structures that are only available to customers that login to access the website. We call these Customer Groups so that each Customer Group can have a different price structure by product.

Although there is nothing wrong with asking B2B customers to pay upfront via card / online, larger and more regular customers may want to pay on account / invoice basis.

Shipping may also need to be considered as you may be shipping larger quantities and so regular shipping / Australia Post may not be the best answer.

Good luck.

Regards

John

nduell
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

Hi Tracypat,

There are many options, to get a website up a on budget from google my page for a static simple information website to platform based website builders like Shopify, Square Space and Big Commerce. These platform based website builders are great to start off as they keep the costs down, however, they become very costly to the business once sales start coming through.

First of all I would suggest buying domain name (I usually suggest Crazy Domains, though don’t buy any extras except the domain privacy).

I happy to have a quick chat and give you pointers if you want to chat to someone, feel free to call me ping or call me.

Cheers,

Nick

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Tracypat, post: 265218, member: 114516 wrote:
    Hi

I am thinking of starting a craft supply business online.

I don’t have a website yet as have just been selling stuff on eBay and marketplace.

I have contacted a wholesaler with very low minimum order requirements but to open an account I need a physical shop or website.

Anybody know a way around this as I obviously don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a website just to check out their wholesale pricing as I’m in the planning stages.

Thanks for any help.
    Oops, I misread your post as wanting to sell wholesale, apologies. Same answer applies really. If you want something really fast then use our free online store package – https://www.ecorner.com.au/free. There are limitations to what you can do and the number of products but it will get you started and give you more time to look at options. Hopefully you will stick with eCorner and not have to go to one of the offshore companies that charges in US$ and takes a cut on your sales.

Regards

John

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=114516]@Tracypat[/USER].

It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers

Tracypat
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 265219, member: 2969 wrote:
    Hello [USER=114516]@Tracypat[/USER] getting a B2B website does not have to cost $1000’s and if you are willing to do some of it yourself (add the content) it can be done for $49 / month. eCorner have a B2B solution that is built for Australian businesses and you can be up and running quickly. You can find out more at our website – https://www.ecorner.com.au/B2B-eCommerce.

The main issues with B2B is to enable flexible pricing for your products based on the customer you are selling to. So you need the ability to create bulk and / or value based discount structures that are only available to customers that login to access the website. We call these Customer Groups so that each Customer Group can have a different price structure by product.

Although there is nothing wrong with asking B2B customers to pay upfront via card / online, larger and more regular customers may want to pay on account / invoice basis.

Shipping may also need to be considered as you may be shipping larger quantities and so regular shipping / Australia Post may not be the best answer.

Good luck.

Regards

John
    Thanks John, I will check it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.