Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Negatives and postives of becoming an in home assessor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

I am thinking of being a in home assessor but I do know it cost alot of money to get started. I am just wondering if anyone has ventured into this and what are the pitfalls and the good things about it. Has anyone made good money-how many houses do you do per week?

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

HI
    What do you mean by an in home assessor?

Thx

keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    Ideas Book, post: 18599 wrote:
    HI
    What do you mean by an in home assessor?

Thx

Hi as part of the government in home assessments for the green loans program. Recieve $200 per house that has energy report done.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I’ve read up on that before, I’m interested (being green and all that) in doing it, but I’d like to see whats in the report before I sign up!

And I’d be interested to see how often work comes around as well, not many people know of this scheme.

I used to sell solar panels, I gained an interest in renewable energy from that.

Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up

Hi

I too have been looking into this and there are a few courses around that you can do.

From what i can tell you have 2 options.

Work for a company and get in the region of $70.00 per inspection or work for yourself and get around $200.00 per inspection, i guess with this option you have to generate your own leads.

They had something in the uk before i left and they worked very well because the Goverment made you get a inspection if you were selling your home, if this becomes law here it would be a great industry to get into if not im not so sure.

I am happy to be corrected on this

G

OCDknits
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

I saw this advertised locally too. I too have an interest in sustainable homes.

I am wondering how successful this would be in Queensland with our governments Climate Smart program. For $50 the home owner gets up to 15 free energy saving globes, water efficient shower heads, an energy meter, a 15 minute assessment and a thermometer – for air con and fridges etc.

I got it all and installed everything – already had heaps of light bulbs and the shower heads, the energy meter was why I signed up.

The home insulation program has also been great – we got ours done very early as I was in the process of getting quotes at the time. Has really improved the livability of our house. We didn’t use a heater once last winter.

My thoughts for Qld anyway.

Cathy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.