• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ared
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everybody, i’m an aspiring small business owner feeling somewhat overwhelmed with this new somewhat daunting world. I have a phone interview with NEIS advisory committee scheduled for tomorrow and have lost the check-list of details i need to have at hand… Those of you who have sat this interview, are there any tips as to what i should bring to the proverbial table?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ared,

Welcome aboard. Fingers crossed we can rustle up some advice for you – there are quite a few people around here with experience with NEIS.

Hopefully they’ll pop in and make some suggestions for you before your meeting.

Good luck with it, by the way!
    Jayne

MakeMyDayVA
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Ared, post: 157600 wrote:
    Hi everybody, i’m an aspiring small business owner feeling somewhat overwhelmed with this new somewhat daunting world. I have a phone interview with NEIS advisory committee scheduled for tomorrow and have lost the check-list of details i need to have at hand… Those of you who have sat this interview, are there any tips as to what i should bring to the proverbial table?

Hi Ared,

I had a panel interview in person, which is easier, I think, as you have the opportunity to show your personality and do a “show and tell” – a little harder over the phone, but not impossible.

Make sure you know your financials back to front and inside out as that is their biggest concern. Also know your sales mix very well as they will discuss that. They may also ask you to discuss your cash flow forecasts and how you came to them. Your advantage is that you can have your documents in front of you.

At the end of the day, if you have completed and submitted a good business plan as a result of the NEIS training program, you should be fine, as your mentor should have only let you through to this point if you are prepared and sure of what you are doing.

Good luck! Let us know here how it went.

Reenie@Striking Stitches
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Is your interview the initial one, to apply for the program, or have you already been accepted.
    Make sure you present things exactly as they are. I applied for NEIS about 18 months ago and was told to pretend I was just starting up, even though my business had been running (somewhat slowly) for 18 months already. I know there are many checks and balances in place and was not prepared to sign off on statements that simply were not true.
    Good luck with your new venture, and with the interviews.

NEIS Team
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    Striking Stitches, post: 157694 wrote:
    Is your interview the initial one, to apply for the program, or have you already been accepted.
    Make sure you present things exactly as they are. I applied for NEIS about 18 months ago and was told to pretend I was just starting up, even though my business had been running (somewhat slowly) for 18 months already. I know there are many checks and balances in place and was not prepared to sign off on statements that simply were not true.
    Good luck with your new venture, and with the interviews.

This is disturbing behaviour. Good on you for taking the honest path.
    Would you be prepared to send us details of the provider via private message?

Thank you, the NEIS team.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.