Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Nervously Emerging !!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pixelo
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,
    I just joined up, and am finding my feet here. I started a graphic Design & Print company recently called Pixelo and am now out in the big bad world as a small business.

I have realised now how hard it is to drum up work. Once I finished doing the initail bunch of jobs for mates, it quickly dawned on me “where is the rest of the work going to come from”. I am therefore now trying to put together plans for advertising, debating between flyers, mag adds, SEO for my website (http://www.pixelo.com.au) etc etc.

If you guys have any helpful tips feel free to share your nuggest of wisdom.

Glad to be here, the site is such a great idea.

Cheers.
    Aengus

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Pixelo,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

I was just checking out your portfolio, and I’m sorry to tell you, but I’m not sure your site is functioning properly. Are the thumbnails meant to click through to examples of your work? At the moment they don’t seem to.

Good luck for your new business,
    Jayne

Pixelo
    Up

Hi Jayne,
    cheers for the welcome, finding the people on here very helpful & welcoming.

I know what your talking about on the site. They aren’t actually meant to click through to anywhere, so i guess i should take off that little hand thing that pops up. Your dead right.

Thanks again.

………..

FS Concierge, post: 54645 wrote:
    Hi Pixelo,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

I was just checking out your portfolio, and I’m sorry to tell you, but I’m not sure your site is functioning properly. Are the thumbnails meant to click through to examples of your work? At the moment they don’t seem to.

Jayne

logic
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 54645 wrote:
    Hi Pixelo,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

Jayne

… also some vanish wheras others ‘colourise’.

NICE site though … I like the chilled but professional ‘attitude’ portrayed!

kbmkt
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Pixelo,

Nice site! Very professional looking.

I’ll share with you something I learnt at uni: businesses should either be low cost or they should differentiate – not both. How I think of that is that if you can beat your competitors at cost, then adopt a cost leadership strategy, but if you can’t beat them on cost, then you should differentiate. An example of differentiation could be better service, customisation or perhaps better quality.

On your website it says “Best in print” and “most reasonably priced”. My suggestion to you is to market your business as the best, not most reasonably priced. Let me ask you a question: If you could beat Vistaprint on price, would you have enough money left to pay for rent?

Good luck!

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

kbmkt – quoting classic Porter’s competitive advantage, your lecturer would be proud you remembered – however in differentiation Porter also states you cannot ignore your cost position and “most reasonably priced” doesn’t have to mean cheapest and in fact can be a differentiator as well in that if you take the whole service / package into account then it may be the most reasonably priced option available.

Nice site BTW and as Jayne has said links / buttons aren’t working.

Allied
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

Hi Pixelo

I got a lot of brochures sent to me once I registered my business name, offering all kinds of print packages for a start up business. You can get a list of all new businesses, not sure where you get these from and do a mail out to ones in your area. I did notice a lot were all offering the same sort of things. If you came up with something a bit different you might catch a few clients who are setting up and may generate you some ongoing income. Maybe suggest that you produce something like you are sending them to promote their new business and send some samples rather than just advertising your own services.

Have you put your business on Google Local yet?

Pixelo
    Up

Great idea Allied, I will have a scout round and see what I can come up with.

Just did the local google thingy, hadn’t heard about that one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.