Home Forums Selling online NETO Price increase

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Blueedge
    Participant
    • Total posts: 47

Well, that was a bit of a shock today, NETO increasing their prices (nearly three times the amount we currently pay) plus, they now want to charge us in USD which means a fluctuating payment plus the joy of paying foreign transaction fees. which again would increase out monthly fee.

So, now, I’m looking for a new hosted online webstore, since the only reason we went with NETO was that they were Australian and charged us in Australian dollars.

Any recommendtions?

logicware
    • Total posts: 4

Looks like we both posted at the same time. Mods feel free to merge my thread into this one.

Blueedge.. also surprise. they will charge you 10% GST on the USD prices!

I think I will call the ACCC and see how they feel about Neto doing this with their pricing for existing customers. the % increase seems too large for us being provided with essentially an identical service.

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227

I’m out too. There’s a member here who has another platform but my mind is going e something?
    Ann

nduell
    • Total posts: 57

Hey Blueedge,

I thought I would jump in and offer our services, we could transfer your online store into a WooCommerce store. We would host and manage the techie stuff for like security and software upgrades, and let you worry about the promoting and servicing your customers online.

If you are interested, we could get a new website up and running for you in no time with pretty much all the same features. PM or feel free to contact me at studio@duellingpixels.com.

Cheers,

Nick

Blueedge
    Participant

Logicware, great minds get annoyed at the same time huh? ;)

I didn’t see the bit about charging us GST on the USD amount, I am going to ring them tomorrow to ask if I direct deposit my fees into their bank account, how are they going to charge me USD?

I am so cross, an increase based on more services and a higher turnover is one thing, this is just excessive. We’d still have to pay extra if we used their Amazon or eBay modules.

We used to use X-Cart for two of our webshops and changed to NETO because, to be honest, my partner got fed up with managing the hosting and we wanted a totally managed package which had great SEO and lots of other features. We’ve gradually merged both stores into the one online shop. For the last two years, it’s worked really well.

It seems like they are only interested in large customers and the rest of us can hang our hats on aother hook.

I like to support Australian business where I can, not if it means I’m now paying three times as much for the same service.

Blueedge
    Participant

Thanks for the offer nduell, my partner has years of experience in writing and hosting websites, and really does know his way around the ecommerce world, He just wanted an easier life (plus more time to go fly his drones) and I really don’t blame him, I’d much rather be in the pool than trying to work out which hosted online system to use next.

nduell
    • Total posts: 57

No worries, I just though I would reach out. Sounds like they are going after the American market with the switch to USD.

Blueedge
    Participant

Yeah, it does sound like the US market is their target. Jumping ship is such a pain, we might be able to downgrade to a lower plan and still be okay.

They do state on their website that they don’t charge commissions on sales – then in the sales/price increase letter, they state that based on our turnover we should be on a higher plan. Surely, that is the same thing?

Its a 30 day contract and we need to decide by tomorrow whether we want to cancel out plan and move elsewhere. It’s such a shame, for an Australian business to treat it’s loyal Aussie customers this way. Still, it’s all about the money huh?

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    El Arish Tropical Exotics, post: 264332, member: 6734 wrote:
    I’m out too. There’s a member here who has another platform but my mind is going e something?
    Ann
    Hi Ann maybe eCorner – http://www.ecorner.com.au. Hope so anyway.

Thanks

John

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227
    John Debrincat, post: 264352, member: 2969 wrote:
    Hi Ann maybe eCorner – http://www.ecorner.com.au. Hope so anyway.

Thanks

John

Hi John, I have already started looking at what you offer and design packages. I just want to make a few lists and chat about reports, migrating, etc as I’m in no rush. Although I imagine in a month you may be swamped with ex Neto users :)
    Ann
    ps here is a group ( Neto Ecommerce Users – unfiltered!) on FB for customers thinking about making a change and looking at options. If you are current Neto user it’s a good place to be and as people are looking for options it might be a good place for you too John.

Blueedge
    Participant

We’re now looking at Shopify, we didn’t go with them two years ago because we wanted to support an Australian business. Well, that worked well for us didn’t it?

One of our suppliers was going to use NETO and nearly had their website ready to go (at our recommendation), after being informed of the new charges and increase, they’ve pulled the plug too.

I do wonder whether they’ve made a big mistake and will regret this, although I doubt that, they have a few pretty good big customers who will be inclined to accept the increase. For us, Shopify looks a better bet and since we’re now going to have to pay in USD anyhow, why stay with NETO?

Incidentally, we can’t get through on the phone to speak to accounts to ask them about the direct deposit question. Neither can we get through to anyone to speak about changing our plan. Technical support is still working though – not really who we need to talk to. Seems their phones are ringing hot – and not in a good way.

chewlim
    • Total posts: 13

Shopify has definitely improved a lot for the last couple of years. It’s getting super user-friendly, especially for non-techies.

Over the last few months, we have already migrated a number of clients from Magento & Neto to Shopify. Everyone seems very happy.

So, I would definitely recommend moving to Shopify.

Cuckoo
    • Total posts: 1

We opened our new store over 12 months ago with Neto. But 99% of our sales are in our physical store (with high rent) we now have to find a new POS system. Such a pain as they had been improving the POS application but can’t pay the increase.

chewlim
    • Total posts: 13
    Cuckoo, post: 264381, member: 113949 wrote:
    We opened our new store over 12 months ago with Neto. But 99% of our sales are in our physical store (with high rent) we now have to find a new POS system. Such a pain as they had been improving the POS application but can’t pay the increase.

You’re better off using something like VendHQ, Square or Shopify POS if you’re mainly selling via POS.

Blueedge
    Participant

The more I think about this, the more I get the impression that all NETO users are doing now is helping them (and Telstra) move into the US. It’s like we’re all helping to make America great again :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.