Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Networking Groups

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    ::

I have recently become part of a local BNI group. The chapter is new, so it is a perfect time to become a part of it. BNI is a heavy commitment but it works if you work.

My question is “What Networking Do You Do”?

Are you the occasional networker or the committed networker?

Looking forward to your replies.

smurf1
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi MissSassy

Pretty committed. I joined BNI about July last year, its good to meet new people and getting to know other members. But I find it can be tough if you having a busy week (or have a late one the night before!), it’s Wednesday morning one at 7am for us.

Once you have done your MSP training you’ll be able to do your 10 min presentation. I find you build rapport quicker from that point.

I try jazz up the 60 secs presentation and prep it the night before, but it gets tough if you are talking about a dry subject like superannuation :). A lot of our members wing-it, and i’m really surprised they have some great stories to share.

But a part from that you can visit (up to two times) other chapters; so if you are a “unique” or visiting a chapter without your particular discipline you can build some relationships outside of your own group. Use the BNI website, you can use the search engine to find chapters/or members with particular disciplines.

Here in WA have Local Chambers – similar to BNI, but less formal – but a lot more meet up opportunities. They have at least two networking meet-ups a week, I have attended some, and there are a lot of small / medium business in attendance.

We also have Small Business Development Corporation. They have real focus on migration and expats that set up new businesses. Last event I think 90% of the attendance raised their hands as being form born overseas.

I tend to get most of my business from Accountants and Auditors, but after meeting a few Financial Planners they seem to reckon there should be massive queue of planners opting for my services, so very encouraging. We just need to get out there more!

I hope this had been insightful.

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.