Home Forums New here? Share your story New app (Sticky-Beek) for businesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joshryan31
    • Total posts: 2

Hey guys, my name is Josh Ryan just thought l’d create a thread to let everyone know that my brother and l have just launched an app called Sticky-Beek which is a platform for businesses to advertise and promote themselves on for the community to see. The app has a feature called the LIVE feed where businesses can share any information they like (sales, deals, specials, events, products, new products, jobs, opening hours breaking news etc) for users to see and discover. We want users to be able to discover what’s happening around them with businesses while hopefully discovering new businesses they may never knew existed.
    Sticky-Beek drives on a GPS system allowing for more discovery and letting any business be seen.

My parents used to run a small business so we know how hard it can be to actually advertise your businesses and how expensive radio, tv, magazine pathways are so this is the need we are filling and will always be the main purpose of the app. I was told last year that it’s impossible for every business to be successful, well l want to change this logic because every business has a passion and a voice they just need to be able to share who they’re and be able to be constantly in the eyes of the general public.

Like l said we have just launched it in Australia and New Zealand so feel free to download the app on google play and App Store to check it out! Sticky-Beek is the home for business discovery and no matter what business you’re running any business can go on the app.

Businesses sign up on the web app (link below) and then use the app for advertising etc.
    sticky-been.com.au
    login

Also attached is a photo of the app icon which is an Emu. We thought an emu represented the app well given they are known to be Sticky-Beek’s but we also thought it would help promote Australia when we launch worldwide.

Thanks for reading guys, excited to be part of the micro business community.

cheers Josh.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560

Welcome to the forums Josh!

Are there any advantages to advertising on your platform compared to social media platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn where there are lots of users and lots of targeting options?

Great to have you here. :)
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    Joshryan31
    • Total posts: 2

Hi Dave.
    Great question, now with Facebook, LinkedIn etc these platforms number 1 purpose will never be business. Facebooks identify and usage will always be social connecting with family and friends. LinkedIn is the same concept but will always be about connecting professionals with professionals. I conducted a survey for people to answer in regards to why they go on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc and not one answer was l go on Facebook to look at business information. It’s all about communicating with friends, which is great because that’s what it’s always been about! But because of this businesses tend to get overlooked and given the way Facebook and Instagrams algorithm has changed it makes it harder for businesses. It’s also incredibly hard to build an audience. Also when it comes to pricing it’s fairly expensive as it increases for every target reach and the add only lasts for 6 days. Again you have to factor in most people aren’t even going to take notice of your advertisement because Facebook users aren’t on there to discover businesses, even they see it they’ll forget about it straight away. These platforms also rely on quality images and because of this it can scare businesses off from posting due to the fact their post won’t receive engagement because the photo wouldn’t be high class.

Whereas Sticky-Beek is purely business. When people are on the app it’s for one purpose, looking at what’s happening with businesses and searching / discovering places to go or visit. Sticky-Beek works through a GPS location system so all businesses can be seen. Sticky-Beek is for constant posting as well, businesses can advertise as many times as they like daily, because they’ll have so much they want to share and with Sticky-Beek there’s no limit on who can see it.

I don’t want people to think I’m competing with Facebook etc because we have different purposes.

Thanks again for the question Dave if you have any more just keep asking

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,560
    Joshryan31, post: 271467, member: 119749 wrote:
    Whereas Sticky-Beek is purely business. When people are on the app it’s for one purpose, looking at what’s happening with businesses and searching / discovering places to go or visit. Sticky-Beek works through a GPS location system so all businesses can be seen. Sticky-Beek is for constant posting as well, businesses can advertise as many times as they like daily, because they’ll have so much they want to share and with Sticky-Beek there’s no limit on who can see it.

Thanks Josh. You’re saying that people on FB ignore the ads, but they will voluntarily spend time on an app (sticky beek) that is just for ads? I think that’s the part I haven’t understood so far.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to visualise how this works.
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 271483, member: 49676 wrote:
    Thanks Josh. You’re saying that people on FB ignore the ads, but they will voluntarily spend time on an app (sticky beek) that is just for ads? I think that’s the part I haven’t understood so far.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to visualise how this works.
    Dave

I’m with you Dave, I read both explanations, why still cant see any reason why someone would download the app in the first place. Why would someone go to an app that is purely based on advertising?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Joshryan31, post: 271465, member: 119749 wrote:
    I was told last year that it’s impossible for every business to be successful, well l want to change this logic because every business has a passion and a voice they just need to be able to share who they’re and be able to be constantly in the eyes of the general public.

You are making a very bold assumption about business here, that if they are in front of peoples eyes, they will be successful. Whoever told you that just has no understanding of business. Business success is made up of so much more then advertising, you can have a business that has 1000% more people rock up, but fail miserably. Why because so many business’s loose clients because of poor service, incorrect pricing, the wrong products, and 2000 other options. if you don’t get your business fundamentals correct it doesnt matter how many people come knocking at your door, you will fail.

And until you understand that, and give people a value proposition, which you have failed to do so far, you will fail. To repeat Daves original question are there any benefits to advertising on your platform, forget the motherhood statements, what are the value propositions.

BeOurCEO
    • Total posts: 7

It’s also fair to say people are sick of anything advertising related. That channel simply no longer works when everyone on the planet is trying to sell you anything and everything at the same time! I call it switching off. And it works a charm :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.