Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New around here, by name only :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Morning,

Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself being Jason from HarryLuke Logistics and yes aka SimplyReplica. Apologies for long post, some will read and some will not but I wish you all well as always.

You may have noticed we changed names and the old posts by SimplyReplica are showing as from HarryLuke Logistics now, still lil ol me so dont expect me to tone down my replies.. LOL

A brief introduction of the new business and the reason for change in username etc. Initially we are SimplyReplica furniture which sells replica furniture and still does and will continue to as this is a core business for us amongst a few other side ventures we operate…

One of these side ventures has sort of propelled us into a flurry of conversation over the past month or so as we required a 3PL service and at the point in time there was little to no reply on the forum or even when i contacted the 3PL’s directly (allow me to place a little caveat on this that there are now some newer 3PL’s posting that came on here after my decision had been made). This conversation centred around the servicing of smaller (FS style) businesses in the 3PL space whereby most providers of this service expected a minimums in the 100’s of picks/packs per week to make it viable for them to operate.

Having played, and successfully so, in the startup and smaller enterprise arena we felt this left a rather large void in the 3PL/warehousing space for this type of operator. Yes, 3PL’s still need to make money as there are considerable costs involved, although could be tailored to benefit both parties a little more as well as having a 3PL provider that understood the market it clients played in.. Sorry to use the word played, its not a negative connotation its just a word i use as showing someone ‘playing’ as in being a passion of theirs rather than working for the proverbial ‘man’ as such.

One of our Directors (there are 3) had worked in the 3PL space for over 8 years and set up a large multinationals base out of Melbourne with great success before we started SimplyReplica whilst my experience draws in Small Business (owned and consulted in) along with Finance, Telecommunications & FMCG all at high tier management and business development levels. Not blowing our own horns here, although we have a fair amount of experience from both startup to established businesses and understand most of the needs of these types of enterprises, be it from a business growth requirement through to logistics and warehousing.

Our passion for business and the identification of this gap between 3PL providers and a business that understands its needs has allowed us to form HarryLuke Logistics to fill a gap we identified. Over the past 3 years we have already been servicing anywhere between 3-5 clients in this space at our existing warehouse that came from our previous roles in 3PL and contacts although we did not ‘formalise’ this as a business as such.

Taking great pride in our ability to be flexible, understanding and attentive to our clients needs we felt the 3PL path would enable us to contribute to the success of other business owners and allow them to focus on their core business instead of warehousing. That being sales and business growth.

Furthermore, we are also extending to our clients access to our extensive network of business support contacts as well as taking time to discuss various opportunities to streamline ones business if needed. This will also extend to offering a guidance service for those that are looking to import for the first time and spending time to introduce the process in order to reduce the majority of headaches that can come with first, second or third time importers.

As an overview, we are now in the business of offering a permanent 3PL solution for people requiring storage, warehousing, picking/packing and freight management solutions for their business. We will be focussing on offsite storage for clients as well as offering the pick/pack side of things. This is to allow all you FS (and me! LOL) to work from your laptop in Bali, should that urge kick in.. :)

So, what we do:
    Tailored Warehousing Solutions
    Tailored Storage Solutions
    Tailored Logistics Solutions

What we believe in:
    We believe that the services provided by a 3PL company in todays market needs to represent you, our client, in the highest possible regard with your end client. In short, your client is as important to us as you are, and they are to you.

Four key areas of stock we tackle:

Receipt of stock:
    be it individual receipt by courier or even container unpacking, staff flexibility as required.

Storage of stock:
    Keeping your stock in a safe, dry and clean environment. Be it palletised or rack facing, we are set up for this.

Dispatch of stock:
    Shipping of your stock internally or externally to your clients via your couriers or our negotiated logistics contracts as required.

Administration:
    Maintaining movement reports and keeping clients up to date is high priority. Internal IT is being looked at to simplify processing of orders, although still be reviewed for best alternatives.

There is a bunch more and i would be surprised if you peeps got this far, so i will cut it short and as i always do extend to you the willingness to speak to any one of you should you require any guidance or information. My passion is always small business and helping others, whether its financial or not, although obviously if we can be of service business wise this would be a mutually beneficial relationship I am sure.

So, in short LOL, we are HarryLuke Logistics and SimplyReplica although we felt the new name may have more to offer within this site and from our experience with some of the folk here at FS.

Speak soon and sure you will see me around the forums…

Cheers

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Welcome Jason. or is that JohnW

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    bb1, post: 209678 wrote:
    Welcome Jason. or is that JohnW

oi, behave.. thats your second reference to the length of, got distracted by laughter, post….

Thanks for the welcome, nice to be part of a warm welcoming community..

Cheers

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.