Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New Artist Directory website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Identity Creative
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

!! IMPORTANT UPDATE !! This website has now been deleted and started again under the website http://www.artistdirect.com.au. We’ve taken on board a lot of the suggestions plus external ones. So the site is refined and has a better User experience. Thank you

Hi, Yesterday we’ve done a soft launch for our new website http://www.artistdirectree.com.au. It’s a Free listing website for all artists, designers, photographers, illustrators, musicians, anyone who is creative to have a free page listing for them to showcase their work on their own webpage. We are asking all artists to sign up and test our site so that we can make it bigger and better.

You can sign up here:
    http://artistdirectree.com.au/index.php/component/users/?view=registration

Once your page is created, you can edit/update as many times as you like. It also has rating/review features. Google maps for businesses to find you, contact details to get in touch and more.

Please go to our contact page and enter any feedback you might have.

Thank you, ArtisticDirectree.com.au

Nikita
    • Total posts: 120
    Up

Looks good. I’ve registered. Good luck with the project!

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi There… I love the idea – will certainly be a handy resource… It seems the site is very new? You mention that it’s the largest online directory of its kind. Just be mindful not to say anything too misleading in your content – (Of course, I hope you are soon the largest directory for artists :))

If I was an artist I would certainly list, but I’m not – will keep the site in mind when I speak to others that would be interested though. All the best

Identity Creative
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 116346 wrote:
    Hi There… I love the idea – will certainly be a handy resource… It seems the site is very new? You mention that it’s the largest online directory of its kind. Just be mindful not to say anything too misleading in your content – (Of course, I hope you are soon the largest directory for artists :))

If I was an artist I would certainly list, but I’m not – will keep the site in mind when I speak to others that would be interested though. All the best

Great.. thank you.. I’ll be sure to adjust. I guess on day it will be the aim to the largest.. hehe. Cheers

Identity Creative
    Up
    novnik, post: 116344 wrote:
    Looks good. I’ve registered. Good luck with the project!

cheers Thank you. Just another note that you can log in at any stage to edit/update. there is a gallery option to add folio samples + youtube video.
    Any queries, please email me [email protected].

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Have shared with quite a few of my friends (all artists).

Wendy :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Why not simply get the yellow pages and cold call every artist / designer etc in there and offer to put their listing on your website for free? I think for your idea to work, you’re going to need to be the biggest artist directory.

Identity Creative
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 116380 wrote:
    Why not simply get the yellow pages and cold call every artist / designer etc in there and offer to put their listing on your website for free? I think for your idea to work, you’re going to need to be the biggest artist directory.

That’s the idea ;)

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Good luck with the site. :)

I had a couple of problems.

1. Tried contacting via your Contact Us form but it failed in Chrome and Firefox, with the name field refusing to recognise I had typed a name.

http://artistdirectree.com.au/index.php/artist-directory/design/digital-artist/onearmedgraphics

Hi Team, your edit module allows HTML linking but your output is not interpreting things correctly.

I just used the edit field to link to my site but it looks like it hasn’t worked ok.
    Regards,
    Robbie

Identity Creative
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 116443 wrote:

1. Tried contacting via your Contact Us form but it failed in Chrome and Firefox, with the name field refusing to recognise I had typed a name.

http://artistdirectree.com.au/index.php/artist-directory/design/digital-artist/onearmedgraphics

Hi Team, your edit module allows HTML linking but your output is not interpreting things correctly.

I just used the edit field to link to my site but it looks like it hasn’t worked ok.
    Regards,
    Robbie

Thank you.. I’ll look into this now so it will be rectified. Cheers

Identity Creative
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 116443 wrote:

Regards,
    Robbie

All fixed.. but I had to do some tweaking on your listing for it to work right. Cheers.

spiceforlife
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I think this is an excellent idea. I’ve forwarded your site on to a few artist friends of mine who would definitely be interested!

Identity Creative
    Up
    spiceforlife, post: 116708 wrote:
    I think this is an excellent idea. I’ve forwarded your site on to a few artist friends of mine who would definitely be interested!

Thank you :) Please do!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.