Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New artist website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Drums74
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi. We’ve just created and setup a new directory website especially targeted to Artists across Australia. The idea is for artists to showcase their creativity to the world on a budget, and also provide a online presence ( with all the basic requirements). Some artists might not want to spend heaps on a custom website and/or don’t know how to do themselves. Hence they can sign up, insert some blurb about themselves, upload gallery images, video & even audio for composers. Also includes easy share options to share pages via social media. With the aim that it will become a large online directory hub where businesses and people alike can contact them for hired work.

We’ve tried to make the whole site as simple as possible. Ie easy signup and listing process. Would love everyone to go over for feedback.

Our site is http://www.artistdirect.com.au

Thank you.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there Drums74,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and congratulations on being brave enough to put your site up for review on your first visit :)

We usually find that people around here become more inclined to participate in website reviews after they’ve gotten to know you a little bit, so I encourage you to head over to the New members section of the forum and tell us all a bit about yourself and your business (including your name).

Thanks for joining us, and good luck for your review,
    Jayne

Adam Hodgson
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

A short review:

Great domain name.
    Good modern style of the site

More images required on the home page, perhaps have some featured designers.

Good luck with the site.

Adam

Drums74
    Up
    Adam Hodgson, post: 183553 wrote:
    A short review:

Great domain name.
    Good modern style of the site

More images required on the home page, perhaps have some featured designers.

Good luck with the site.

Adam

Great thank you.. Yes want to put Featured Artists on home page, however wanting to build database first.. Cheers

Chris H
    • Total posts: 111
    Up
    Drums74, post: 183517 wrote:
    Hi. We’ve just created and setup a new directory website especially targeted to Artists across Australia. The idea is for artists to showcase their creativity to the world on a budget, and also provide a online presence ( with all the basic requirements). Some artists might not want to spend heaps on a custom website and/or don’t know how to do themselves. Hence they can sign up, insert some blurb about themselves, upload gallery images, video & even audio for composers. Also includes easy share options to share pages via social media. With the aim that it will become a large online directory hub where businesses and people alike can contact them for hired work.

We’ve tried to make the whole site as simple as possible. Ie easy signup and listing process. Would love everyone to go over for feedback.

Our site is http://www.artistdirect.com.au

Thank you.

Congratulations on the new site, I like it’s feel.
    Everyone has opinions, so I hope you win’t mind a bit of constructive criticism that you’re welcome to completely dismiss.

Firstly, while I like the way you have pitched the $9 a month banners that scroll…
    I think it’s a really bad idea to be doing that before (i.e. above) the explanation of what your’e about… It can come across a little bit… maybe desperate?
    I also think that your home page focus should be in showcasing talent, the sign up for new artists should be on a completely different page.
    It affects your message, I would think you want “Showcasing New Talent” to be your message, not “Sign Up Now”. If you do a good job of the former, the latter will follow.

Following on from my previous point, I would have a slideshow on the front page show casing some of your newest sign-ups and really getting them out there, thereby increase the attractiveness of your proposition to new artists.

I would also think you might want to focus on the aspects of your business that a new artist couldn’t gain through their own free social media page.
    Often you might be able to provide certain incubator services such as booking gallery space for a collection of new artists which may appeal to a gallery more than dealing with individual people.
    You could also work on selling digital versions of their artwork to stock photo companies etc.

The more value you offer, the more likely people are to sign…
    I would also be looking to sign some people for free across a couple of different segments to build presence in your database.

Cheers,

Chris

Drums74
    Up
    Chris H, post: 183832 wrote:
    Congratulations on the new site, I like it’s feel.
    Everyone has opinions, so I hope you win’t mind a bit of constructive criticism that you’re welcome to completely dismiss.

Firstly, while I like the way you have pitched the $9 a month banners that scroll…
    I think it’s a really bad idea to be doing that before (i.e. above) the explanation of what your’e about… It can come across a little bit… maybe desperate?
    I also think that your home page focus should be in showcasing talent, the sign up for new artists should be on a completely different page.
    It affects your message, I would think you want “Showcasing New Talent” to be your message, not “Sign Up Now”. If you do a good job of the former, the latter will follow.

Following on from my previous point, I would have a slideshow on the front page show casing some of your newest sign-ups and really getting them out there, thereby increase the attractiveness of your proposition to new artists.

I would also think you might want to focus on the aspects of your business that a new artist couldn’t gain through their own free social media page.
    Often you might be able to provide certain incubator services such as booking gallery space for a collection of new artists which may appeal to a gallery more than dealing with individual people.
    You could also work on selling digital versions of their artwork to stock photo companies etc.

The more value you offer, the more likely people are to sign…
    I would also be looking to sign some people for free across a couple of different segments to build presence in your database.

Cheers,

Chris

Great.. thank so much.. great ideas and will put them into practice.
    Cheers

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

There are a great number of artists who do not use Facebook. To offer 3 months free only through FB ‘Like’ is not encouraging to them. They are far more interested in creating. Plus the age span covers a lot of people who are older and have very basic computer skills.

Make it easy for them to sign up. The free 3 months is good, but I think it should be for anyone who signs up.

All the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.