Home – New Forums Selling online New Baby & Childrens store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lildukesndivas
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

Im currently in the process of opening an online baby and childrens store that I will launch mid July. I was going down the avenue of getting stock off dhgate but was thinking to put more Australian made and owned garments, bags and soft toys. I am having trouble trying to get anyone from here to let me sell. There seems to be road blocks everywhere. I would prefer to do more upmarket products, originals, dresses, suits, baby goods ect but looks like I will be going down the China path if it is this difficult to get Aussies on board. Can anyone recommend good wholesalers here or in china. Currently using dhgate to get stock in.

Any suggestions? Im currently setting up a Facebook page, shopify store, ect.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Lildukesndivas,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and sorry that your first post got delayed for a while before appearing.

I have my fingers crossed that you’ll find the answers you need soon.

All the best,
    Jayne

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 192167 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Im currently in the process of opening an online baby and childrens store that I will launch mid July. I was going down the avenue of getting stock off dhgate but was thinking to put more Australian made and owned garments, bags and soft toys. I am having trouble trying to get anyone from here to let me sell. There seems to be road blocks everywhere. I would prefer to do more upmarket products, originals, dresses, suits, baby goods ect but looks like I will be going down the China path if it is this difficult to get Aussies on board. Can anyone recommend good wholesalers here or in china. Currently using dhgate to get stock in.

Any suggestions? Im currently setting up a Facebook page, shopify store, ect.
    What kind of roadblocks? Are you not getting information, or are they just saying no?

Wholesalers get a lot of online sites contacting them, and then want to buy just a few bits and pieces from them. So if you want to place decent sized orders, and already have a website that you can show them the quality of what you’ve got, there shouldn’t be a roadblock.

Lildukesndivas
    Up

A lot wont even respond to me. I totally understand what you are saying but I have nothing to show at the moment as I am in the process of setting up to start selling for the 16th July 2014. What do I do? I really prefer to stay away from the cheap clothing, but if this is what I have to do to purchase stock I suppose I have no choice.

My facebook page is currently under construction so I havent published it as yet, I am still doing the background work and the shopify store I will start putting it together a week before I open.

Am I doing something wrong? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jenny Spring
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 192199 wrote:
    A lot wont even respond to me. I totally understand what you are saying but I have nothing to show at the moment as I am in the process of setting up to start selling for the 16th July 2014. What do I do? I really prefer to stay away from the cheap clothing, but if this is what I have to do to purchase stock I suppose I have no choice.

My facebook page is currently under construction so I havent published it as yet, I am still doing the background work and the shopify store I will start putting it together a week before I open.

Am I doing something wrong? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you can’t get someone to sell their products to you, then I’d say you are doing something wrong.

What are you saying when you email/call? Give me that, and I’ll help you.

jenny

Lildukesndivas
    Up

Thanks Jenny

Hello,

My name is Vicky and I am opening Lil Dukes & Divas on facebook and an online store which I will be opening in July this year with hoping next year to have a physical store in Perth.

I have just had a look at your products which I think would sell very well and was wondering if you do wholesale or a discount to purchase several items? I am wanting to have originals and Australian made high quality. I hope to hear from you soon. My facebook page and online store isnt published as yet but date for opening is currently the 16th July. I look forward to hearing back from you, please feel free to contact me.

Regards
    Vicky

Jenny Spring
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 192207 wrote:
    Thanks Jenny

Hello,

My name is Vicky and I am opening Lil Dukes & Divas on facebook and an online store which I will be opening in July this year with hoping next year to have a physical store in Perth.

I have just had a look at your products which I think would sell very well and was wondering if you do wholesale or a discount to purchase several items? I am wanting to have originals and Australian made high quality. I hope to hear from you soon. My facebook page and online store isnt published as yet but date for opening is currently the 16th July. I look forward to hearing back from you, please feel free to contact me.

Regards
    Vicky
    Firstly — hi from Perth!

How about giving this a try:

I came across your website searching for kids clothing for my new store. My business name is Lil Dukes & Divas, and my ABN is xxxxxxxxxxx.

I’d like to receive a wholesale catalogue and pricing please, and also details on order quantities.

By the way, my name is Vicky XXXXXX.

You can email me the details xxxxxx@xxxxxxx, and feel free to call me as well.

I look forward to receiving your information,

Kind Regards
    Vicky.

At this point, I wouldn’t discuss the fact you don’t have anything in place, just get the catalogues and order forms, and then you can discuss that when you are placing an order.

Good luck
    jenny

Jenny Spring
    Up
    Jenny Spring, post: 192209 wrote:
    Firstly — hi from Perth!

How about giving this a try:

I came across your website searching for kids clothing for my new store. My business name is Lil Dukes & Divas, and my ABN is xxxxxxxxxxx.

I’d like to receive a wholesale catalogue and pricing please, and also details on order quantities.

By the way, my name is Vicky XXXXXX.

You can email me the details xxxxxx@xxxxxxx, and feel free to call me as well.

I look forward to receiving your information,

Kind Regards
    Vicky.

At this point, I wouldn’t discuss the fact you don’t have anything in place, just get the catalogues and order forms, and then you can discuss that when you are placing an order.

Good luck
    jenny

Also, contact the following people and tell them Jenny Spring sent you:

LeeAnne: http://heavenleecreations.com.au/

I just had another thought, and this might be why you are having trouble. If the wholesaler is also stocked on Hard To Find, they won’t sell to another online store. however, they will sell to you if you have a physical store.

Lildukesndivas
    Up

Thank you very much I appreciate all your help. I will trial it out tomorrow and see how I go. Again much appreciated.

Regards
    Vicky

Amrinapanda
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi,
    Good that you started this business. I am giving general suggestions to you. Start your own business page in Facebook and increase likes to create exposure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.