Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Bookkeeping Business Member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BradFry
    • Total posts: 72
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

My name is Brad Fry and I am in the process of starting my own home based bookkeeping business in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne. The business is called ‘NextGen Bookkeeping’ and aims to provide off-site based bookkeeping and accounting services to SME’s both locally and interstate. The focus for me is not just on the numbers but improving cash flow, efficiency and helping business owners understand how to grow their business in a simple and effective way.

Without sounding like a sales person for Xero, I have recently found their software a great fit for the business model I am running and believe cloud bookkeeping/accounting (whether or not that is Xero) is definitely the ‘nextgen’.

I’m currently working full time as a Finance Manager in the private sector and am looking forward to the challenge of balancing this with a new business. This may require a reduction in working hours as my heart is set on getting this business up and running. My website is in development so I won’t link it here but welcome any feedback or assistance for future posts. I look forward to working with everyone in the Flying Solo forum and welcome the opportunity to assist any business with finance, bookkeeping or accounting related matters.

Brad

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi Brad,

Whilst I don’t normally go straight to an eWAY plug I wanted to make sure you’d heard about Xero’s new ‘Pay Now’ option which allows businesses to setup various payment gateways in Xero and add a Credit Card option to their invoices.

There’s more info for bookkeepers here – http://www.eway.com.au/xero/why-eway-xero/xero-for-bookkeepers and you’ll see that we’re so excited about the partnership we’re offering really cool incentives to try the products together.

The launch cakes were delicious!
    BNBO5eYCQAEoHsp.jpg

We also went kind of crazy and flooded every Xero office with eWAY yellow balloons!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xero-com/tags/eway/

9070117572_ce4e595aeb_o.jpg

Maclean

PhalanxFS
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi Brad,

My name is Stuart and I’m a Financial Planner working in South Morang and i live in Doreen so if your looking to find a potential referral partner or even someone to touch base with happy to have a chat. I am a part of a couple of networking groups out this way also so that may be of interest as well. Feel free to send me a PM if interested.

Kind Regards

Stuart.

BradFry
    • Total posts: 72
    Up

Thanks Maclean, I had heard about the payment gateway with eWay and currently use eWay in the business I am employed in. Xero recently had a webinar that I attended outlining how simple it was to add payment options to invoices. Looks like eWay and Xero will make a good partnership (especially if there is cake involved!).

And Stuart, I would welcome a referral partner for Financial Planning would need to know a bit more about you, who you work for/with and what products/services you offer before making any decisions. Feel free to send me a link to your website of email me additional info @ [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.