Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Bookkeeping Professional

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ……..
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!

I’m new to this site and am looking for some help.

The company I’m currently working for is going into liquidation soon, is trading insolvent and now can’t pay our wages on time…

So I’ve decided to use my 10 yrs bookkeeping experience and offer my services to small businesses, rather than be one of 100’s applying for advertised jobs in the current highly-competitive job market.

I need to generate another source of income, so I’ve decided to use my skills and prior experience running a small business and offer bookkeeping services, something I’m great at, qualified in, and something I love doing.

So I just wanted to get some ideas on how to generate new leads fairly quickly, and to see if there’s anyone out there I can help with their bookkeeping at intro rates, which will save them money and give me a starting point and hopefully an endorsement for my work to help with getting more leads.

Any feedback, tips or possible leads for work would be fantastic!!!!

Warmly,

Bookkeeper Girl
    Caboolture | Brisbane

PS: I forgot to outline my skills and experience:

• 10 years Commercial Bookkeeping experience in the construction industry
    • 5 years Management Accounting experience in the construction industry
    • 6 months experience in Public Practice Tax Bookkeeping

I also have extensive MYOB skills and training, intermediate Quickbooks experience and solid experience in financial reporting and extensive cash flow management experience.

I’ll be starting a Cert IV in Bookkeeping soon to formalise my skills and become a registered BAS Agent.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bookkeeping Girl,

That sounds like its been very stressful :(

I hope we can help kick things off for you in your new business.

Fingers crossed it all comes together quickly and smoothly,
    Jayne

char2
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Bookkeeping girl,

Check out oDesk and elance – sign up for a profile and you can start applying for contracts related to your skill-set within minutes.

When I quit my day job and decided to freelance full time (as a web designer), I started out on oDesk and did a few jobs at low cost in order to build my profile and get some feedback on my profile. After doing this the job offers started to roll in and pretty soon I was flooded with work. The best part is that there are plenty of Aussie small to medium businesses on there looking to outsource work to contractors who are also in AU.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.