Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Business Creative Covers in need of advice!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Blake Wallace
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hey guys i just wanted to say that i am glad to have found such a friendly community of business minded people. I’m sure we all have so much in common.

I have recently started my online business selling Decorative Phone Covers. (its better then it sounds). The user is able to draw or write whatever they like on the back of their plain white phone cover using our high quality, Non-toxic permanent markers and when they want to remove or change the artwork they simply spray our removal spray and wipe their cover clean again!

The details for Creative Covers is http://www.creativecov.com and facebook http://www.facebook.com/creativecov

I have been doing pretty well with retail sales online and i was looking at selling it wholesale in bulk to other retail outlets or other interested businesses. I believe that the concept is fresh and unique and has a lot to offer. I have much more accessories in the development stages.

I am looking for information on the best way to track down buyers who are interested in buying wholesale and also expanding our online front.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Blake,

What a cool idea! I know some kids who would LOVE these – and some grownups too :)

Welcome to Flying Solo – I hope you pick up lots of ideas here to help you grow your business, and am sure there’ll be some initial suggestions in response to your first post shortly.

While you’re waiting, we’d love it if you could please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines – you might even like to add an photo to your profile too (head to the Control Panel, accessed from the grey bar above the forum, and choose Edit Avatar).

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Blake, great idea… You really need to find someone that sells a rang of phone accessories to various retailer. You can not go direct to the retailers as they don’t want to deal with one person for one product.

I have not look but I am guessing you should be able to find these on the net. If not, just go into a couple of retailers and ask who they deal with.

Blake Wallace
    Up

thanks Tony im just concerned that wholesaling to wholesalers would water down the profit margin too much and would have to make up the difference in product volume. I guess i have to weigh up the options do you have any ideas with hiring a possible sales person?

Kind regards

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

My advice would be to build up your retail offering of your product, expand your brand as much as you possibly can.

Via your website you can list that you also wholesale your product and here is where they can contact you to receive a price list. Plus you can promote this via your social media posts too.

When your brand and product is loved by many the wholesalers will come.

Blake Wallace
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 185697 wrote:
    My advice would be to build up your retail offering of your product, expand your brand as much as you possibly can.

Via your website you can list that you also wholesale your product and here is where they can contact you to receive a price list. Plus you can promote this via your social media posts too.

When your brand and product is loved by many the wholesalers will come.

Thanks MissSassy. Thats what i was thinking as a last resort. kind of wanted to move things along faster. I will just have to be a little more patient and keep doing what I am :) thanks for the advice!

Jason Whiter
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Blake,

What a fantastic idea. Mobile accessories are such a craze.

I am also in the process of trying to get an idea out there at the moment and looking for someone who might want to project manage the concept. I see you are looking at providing other products to your line.

I was wondering if you would like to discuss a potential partnership in regards to this. If this does interest you my email is [email protected]

Also with regards to selling wholesale to the retail market, what I have found with a new produce. A good way to start is by approaching small kiosks, service stations and likes to that and asking if you are able to place a small display up or add to there stock. This allows you to test the physical market. And as sales grow, which I am sure they will, you expand to the bigger suppliers.

Again, would love to hear from you regarding the potential business proposal and all the best of luck with launching your covers to the retail world.

Jason

Blake Wallace
    Up
    Whiter_Biz, post: 185729 wrote:
    Hi Blake,

What a fantastic idea. Mobile accessories are such a craze.

I am also in the process of trying to get an idea out there at the moment and looking for someone who might want to project manage the concept. I see you are looking at providing other products to your line.

I was wondering if you would like to discuss a potential partnership in regards to this. If this does interest you my email is [email protected]

Also with regards to selling wholesale to the retail market, what I have found with a new produce. A good way to start is by approaching small kiosks, service stations and likes to that and asking if you are able to place a small display up or add to there stock. This allows you to test the physical market. And as sales grow, which I am sure they will, you expand to the bigger suppliers.

Again, would love to hear from you regarding the potential business proposal and all the best of luck with launching your covers to the retail world.

Jason

thanks Jason. I have thought of doing that but i am not such a good sales person haha, definitely something I will look into though cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.