Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New business struggling with the right business name.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jas333
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all
    I am really looking forward to my new journey flying solo in business. It is so great to come accross a group of people that are all striving for the same thing and are all willing to help each other succeed.
    I am having a little trouble with my business name and would appreciate any honest opinions. I am a registered tax agent and CPA looking to set up a successful website and home based business doing tax returns for individuals and small business. I really care about my clients and getting the best possible tax and business outcomes are really important to me. If there is a tax deduction available I know about it and my clients walk away knowing they have been able to claim everything they are entitled to. I have some ebooks I will be promoting and some I will be giving away. I was hoping to brand myself well and become actively involved in the online communities helping people with free tax advice.
    The name I have decided on is:
    YOUR TAX FRIEND
    Advice You can Trust

I feel this would make a great blog name and is easy name to remember. However I am a little worried that it may not sound as professional as it should. Especially if I start to attract more business clients down the track.

Please first impressions and opinions positive or negative would be more than appreciated

Jas

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I’m sorry, but it’s a big no from me. Your Tax Friend sounds more like a tagline than a business name.

Have a look through this thread which gives a lot of opinions on the naming of an accounting business. Might give you some ideas.

Wendy :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi There,

It’s definitely not a name that sounds as professional as you feel!

Who is your target audience? What are THEY going to think of your name?

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

I agree with the above.

If you really want to push the small, friendly nature of the business you could do a lot worse than use your actual name.

John Smith Tax Accountant
    Your local tax friend

Cheers

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

For an accounting firm I think use your initials

xyz & associates

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.