Home Forums New here? Share your story New…but old!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryandavid
    • Total posts: 3

Hi all,

I have been a long time member but thought I would share a bit of my story.
    I work full time and have always had something on the side to keep me entertained. For the last couple of years I have been learning about web design and the media industry. This year I decided to merge by writing and research passion and started a website called https://hungerdaily.com

Basically each week I we send out an email newsletter with business and finance news and insights. So far the response has been good and have built up a nice little community with lots of regular readers.

Our point of difference when compared to other sites is that we put everything into the email e.g. no clicking through to the website to read and being annoyed by adds.

I guess it is not really a business yet as it is not turning a profit but I am working hard on it.

Love to hear any tips others have for building a newsletter.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Congrats on your venture, I hope it does well for you and you continue to enjoy it.
    I also prefer newsletters to have articles and info in them and I tend to just unsubscribe from those that are just asking for click to a website. If I find interesting things in the newsletter then I will click through. Those that are just click through come across as lazy.

Ryandavid
    • Total posts: 3
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 269985, member: 28171 wrote:
    Congrats on your venture, I hope it does well for you and you continue to enjoy it.
    I also prefer newsletters to have articles and info in them and I tend to just unsubscribe from those that are just asking for click to a website. If I find interesting things in the newsletter then I will click through. Those that are just click through come across as lazy.

Thanks :) yes I think it comes across as a better experience for the user, most newsletters seam to be just a traffic source for the website.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 269985, member: 28171 wrote:

Good observation Rowan, the other annoying ones are where they have a headline, then you click through and there is no article that actually matches the headline. A very common issue with the FS newsletter,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.