Home – New Forums Starting your journey New Cafe startup – online resources feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KoHi
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

New Cafe startup – online resources recommendation?

Hi Guys,

I am looking to start a new cafe and am wondering if anyone can recommend any good sites, which provides online resources and training for cafe start-ups?
    Thank you.

Cheers,
    KoHi

Ron
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Kohi,

I’ve just joined FS for the same reason…
    I’ve found the coffeesupreme website (NZ section) really helpful.

for barista training, there are loads of them, usually based with the bigger coffee roasters in your state.

All the best,

Rebecca

Alison_Coach_Psych
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

I wish you every success KoHi! Where are you located? I created a cafe from start-up a few years ago, and know of some good consultants/trainers. Sean Edwards in Port Macquarie is an excellent resource, although I’m not sure if he has an online consulting presence, search for Peak Coffee and you’re bound to find him. He consults in NSW, and occassionally further afield. If you’re in Adelaide look for Deanna Meyer, she held my hand every step of the way, and is completely passionate about good coffee and is also a chef.

It can be a tough road to travel if, like me, you don’t have a lot of hospitality experience. I’m happy to help out in any way I can. My best piece of advice is to negotiate hard on any commercial lease. Get a $ contribution for fit out, and some rent-free months to get established. If possible, negotiate for the rent to be a certain percentage of your takings – not many landlords will agree, but if they do agree they can become your staunchest supporters as your success is also their success.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

I can’t say I’m a big fan of cafes as genuine business propositions, however there are lifestyle factors that attract many to the industry.

With that being said I do remember a unique product that was being offered to cafes for free rollout. It’s a subsidized marketing service whereby the cafe installs display monitors that churn out non stop adverts with all equipment being provided by the supplier. http://www.cafescreen.com/whatisit.php it provides patrons with free wifi whilst hitting them with also sorts of targeted advertising content. It just goes to show that there are many ways you can innovate to create an edge. If there were two cafes next to each other in a shopping strip (as is often the case) then it’s a definate marketing edge.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    The Cafe Ninja
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

Check out my website…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.