Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New carbon economy player

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greenmantis
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Been working in the green space for nearly two years now and have been working with Aussie farmers to create carbon credits.

It’s not my first biz but it is one of those areas you get on with the business at hand and ignore the naysayers otherwise nothing happens.

Starts with the first assumption that you are a criminal by the government then working backwards through regulation demonstrating that it isn’t the case. A lot of regulation that stops most people in their track as it is too much work. This is actually a good thing because otherwise the Gold Coast white shoes would be all over it along with the sports betting system scams.

Then you have the politics bit, carbon tax this, ETS that and Direct Action that then to top it off you have the climate change is a global scientific scam thread spinning in a vortex. All great distractions from actually trying to get a business of the ground. But that being said you have to lobby a bit of govt and you cannot ignore it. Members of Parliment will listen.

There is a lot of wreckage in this area and it is probably worse than the dotcoms.

Anyway, the thing I think most entrepreneurs need is to vent and share with like mind people working their ways developing a new biz or industry. Try and find people in your circle that have set-up business, run a business and that you can relate to. Doesn’t really matter what it is.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Greenmantis,

Welcome to Flying Solo. I enjoyed your summary of the carbon credit topic – I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t know much about it!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Sam

Enviro Footprint
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Feeling your pain Greenmantis

Just starting out on a similar path, Enviro Systems, efficiency etc.. Spent many years doing this for a very large organisation. Part of my function was reviewing tenders for HSE requirements, and about 80% fail the test. And these are always the small guys trying to compete..

So I decided to help the small guys get those ticks. Difficulty being, that its in their interest to have a system, its pretty easy and not hard to run, they just need to do it. In fact it is much easier for the little guys than the big.

The carbon tax and climate change drags the rest of the enviro space into the same vortex.. They just need to open up and they will see, it will save money, improve operating costs and generate more work..

Its a hard nutt to crack…

Steve B
    http://www.envirofootprint.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.