Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Cat Toy & Accessory Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Moggy Meow
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I have a newly started business that needs help with finding suppliers of cat orientated goods. Mainly directed at the indoor cat and keeping them happy and entertained. ‘The Moggy Meow’ needs a bit of advice please, if anyone can suggest a way of finding these types of suppliers.
    Thanks
    Sally

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sally,

Welcome to the forum :)

This thread from a couple of months ago might make interesting reading for you:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/selling-online/32127-new-online-store-advice.html

Good luck, and thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Welcome Sally
    Do you have a website we can check out? Or a Facebook page?
    I can see SO much opportunity for engaging social media content related to your business – so many grumpy cat memes, so little time!!!

Moggy Meow
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Wordsmith,
    I haven’t a website yet or facebook page. I am working on getting some special products and have my own spoilt cats test them and give their reviews.
    I have had cats all my life and know what types of toys will keep them busy and entertained.
    I am excited about my new business and will let you know when I have a little more to tell you about THE MOGGY MEOW!

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Great idea – some video of your cats playing with the toys could be good too … kind of supporting evidence for your reviews!

If you’re looking to build a website, check out Quick on the Click. They are a member of Flying Solo and do great web packages (including web design, graphic design and SEO web copy) at really fabulous prices.

They are based in Townsville but offer Australia wide services and Sharon is just fabulous! The whole process is stress-free and seamless. At the end you have the whole professional set up done and turnaround is pretty darn fast :)

iaindooley
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Check out http://www.alibaba.com/ also check out this ebook on finding a niche and suppliers http://www.ecommercefuel.com/profitable-ecommerce-ebook/

EDITED: Corrected the URL to alibaba.com

RachelWrites
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Great tips here already!

I’d just add visiting trade shows. Sydney Pet and Animal Expo, other small trade shows – you’ll find lots of niche and interesting products that haven’t become mainstream yet, and they’ll love the opportunity for increased exposure :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.