Home – New Forums Selling online New Electronics Store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Redbox
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I started my online electronics store Redbox Online about a year ago and would love some feedback, help, tips or any info about starting an online store. This is completely new for me and I have little to no experience in running a store. If anyone could give me a few pointers on these two following topics that would be great!!

1. Finding a reliable and affordable supplier
    2. Website: http://www.redboxonline.com.au – tips and reviews please??

I’m new to this so any response will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Redbox, post: 207712 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I started my online electronics store Redbox Online about a year ago and would love some feedback, help, tips or any info about starting an online store. This is completely new for me and I have little to no experience in running a store. If anyone could give me a few pointers on these two following topics that would be great!!

1. Finding a reliable and affordable supplier
    2. Website: http://www.redboxonline.com.au – tips and reviews please??

I’m new to this so any response will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hello Redbox,

I am not sure how serious you are about this but if you have been operating for a year have you made any sales? Your primary business is really eBay – stores.ebay.com.au/redboxonline?

There are only 4 products as far as I can tell and only 6 pages cached in Google. The products that you list have a duration on them so this is some kind of special offer site? Then the “buy it now” link goes to eBay! It is basically a front end to eBay.

• The SEO on the site is terrible – no H1 or H2 tags – Titles need help
    • The explanation of what the site is all about does not exist.
    • Joomla is not a great platform to build an online store
    • Slow and took over 12 seconds for initial load
    • This could be a long list so I will stop there….

There are a lot of electronics product providers out there but you need to determine what it is that you want to focus on. You are also competing against a huge number of electronics resellers. Most will be reselling from one of the many distributors such as Ingram Micro, Synnex, Dicker Data, Alloys, Impact, Xit etc etc. The list is long. You need to contact some of those and setup a reseller account. Products sold are then shipped by the supplier.

There are specialty online store providers for IT resellers for example eCommerce Connections – http://www.ecommerceconnections.com.au/.

John

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Redbox,

Welcome aboard the forums!

Good to see you’re already getting some advice from our ecommerce experts, so best of luck. :) If you can provide any info about your sales or traffic to date, then it’ll help people to diagnose where the issues lie for your site (= more useful advice).

Dave

donmcgon64
    Up

Hi to get a feel for how your website is doing go to Ahrefs and enter your website it will rank your URL, your Domain, tell you how many back links you have to your website and how many Referring domains you have.

You may need to increase traffic to your website. There are free options but most businesses use the paid option.

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

As a customer, I’d be put off thinking that I was going to an online store, only to be redirected to eBay…

Alex (LegalVision)
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Hi Redbox!

I think the trick with Ecommerce and online business is creating a good relationship with costumers and gaining brand loyalty. A well set out website will do this because people are always going to approach a new website/business with a bit of skepticism and are going to be more likely to purchase your products if they trust your site.

I noticed that your website doesn’t appear to have terms and conditions for use – These should address what you provide and how you provide it. Delivery, payment, refunds and returns (set out in a refund policy, which should be part of your sale terms), all need to be dealt with in your sale terms.

Other mandatory legal documents you’ll need are website terms of use, which govern your relationship with visitors to your site (issues such as copyright, protecting your intellectual property including photos of your products, permissible use of the website, and limiting liability for viruses) and a privacy policy (By law, you need to set out what personal information you collect, how you collect it and how you will disclose and use it. You also need to set out client rights to complain and contact you regarding their personal information.)

xeont
    Up

Hi,

Consider building your website with Magento and sync with eBay using M2E Pro extension.

http://m2epro.com/ebay/

I know, most people on here wouldn’t recommend Magento, Simply because Magento is bit hard to customize for a beginner or they simply cant do it. :)

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.