Home – New Forums Other discussions New financial year hangover?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GinnyF
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, :)
    I reached a milestone when, after 8 months of being up and running, i completed my first financial year – yay!

…but I feel like i have hit rock bottom the last couple of days…is there such a thing as new financial year hangover?!

I think I just feel a bit at sea right now as i start to think about the next 12 months; how to get more work in the door and build my client and job list. It has been tough the first 8 months, and slow. Any suggestions on how to pick myself up and not feel so immobilised by the whole enormity of it all? Where do i start? I’ve just lost the plot it seems!! :(

I’ve also been distracted and incredibly disheartened this week when i learned that the bank lost the pay from my last job deposited at the end of June. It’s sapping energy i need for my business rather than contending the David and Goliath battle I seem to be having. I don’t know – give me strength! (better still give me my money so i can pay myself!! lol!).

Anyway, any tips on how to re-energise and pick myself up would be so welcome.
    Thanks
    Ginny

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ginny, and apologies that your post got stuck in our moderation queue for a while there.

I would be demoralised if the bank lost one of my deposits too… not to mention angry! 😡

I’m sure the community here will chime in with some ideas to help you rediscover your mojo, but if I were in your shoes, I’d start by giving myself permission to take some time to plan and strategise. And since I know you’re in forestry, a walk amongst the trees might be just the thing to clear your head? (I know it worked for me this afternoon!)

Good luck, and please keep checking in with us any time you need a pep talk.
    Jayne

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Ginny

You will get some inspired responses here but often networking can help as you meet other business owners and they leave you energised.

Try to remember why you started in the first place and your happiest of customers too, this always helps.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Ginny

Reading your post reminded my of feelings I’ve managed to keep at bay in recent years. Your sentiments are not uncommon!

I’ve just spent some time on your site and was mightily impressed with your commitment to your work and the passion with which you write.

The best advice I can give for such times is to remind yourself of your vision – why you’re doing what you’re doing and where it’s all headed. I wrote this a while ago and it may just offer some solace.

Within this community you will find many people keen to offer their support – and I mean genuine support, not trying to sell you their services – and I implore you to lean on us all.

As an aside I really hope the world gets to see your writing – are you submitting to relevant publications, blogs and media? Writing and presenting are truly wonderful ways to grow your exposure.

Love YOUR work,

Robert

GinnyF
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 194373 wrote:
    Hi Ginny

You will get some inspired responses here but often networking can help as you meet other business owners and they leave you energised.

Try to remember why you started in the first place and your happiest of customers too, this always helps.

Thanks Miss Sassy :)
    I do need to remind myself of the core reasons for starting my own business. I also need to remember it has only been 8 months and all in all, i’m doing ok i guess. I just get a bit lost sometimes thinking about ‘what next…’

GinnyF
    Up

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for your words – they have triggered a little buzz within again :)

I love the idea of writing a letter about what my business will look like in a years time. I’m setting aside some time tomorrow arvo to do it.

Your post also prompted me to go and have another look at my own site and re-read what i had actually written. I’d forgotten. Re-reading my own words has stirred the fire. Thanks for the reminder!

I am passionate about what I do. I consider myself to be very fortunate because my work is a vocation, not just a job.

I’m not currently writing and/or publishing anywhere. It has been at the back of my mind for a while. Maybe this is the time.

Thanks again so much for your post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.