Home – New Forums Get productive New (Financial) Year Resolutions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    gidgetmedia
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone, it’s very nearly a new financial year!

I’ve been thinking about what changes I’ll make to my business from July, and I’d love to know what you all are planning to do.

My new year’s resolution is to get better at LETTING GO. This means outsourcing the things I don’t need to do myself and hiring a new subcontractor to help out with my growing workload.

What are your new (financial) year resolutions?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I’ve put a lot of thought into this financial year that has just begun, and after considering all the alternatives on offer, I have chosen the one that I will get the most benefits from.
    I must confess the decision does not come with out its drawbacks, but I am convinced the gains will out way any losses.
    Further more because the decision is one that will affect so many of my customers, colleagues, and those that think they are in opposition to me it has been taken very seriously, so my friends I intend to

STAY ON FIJI TIME

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    gidgetmedia, post: 193512 wrote:
    My new year’s resolution is to get better at LETTING GO. This means outsourcing the things I don’t need to do myself and hiring a new subcontractor to help out with my growing workload.

That’s exactly mine! Or at least to increase my outsourcing, there’s a lot of grunt work I do that I don’t really need to do.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

My goal is to make 20% more and work 20% less (i.e. 4 days a week)…

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

In all honesty, mine it also about relinquishing some responsibilities as well as running with some new and exciting opportunities.. Not waiting til tomorrow, not letting the monkey ride my back and most of all SMILING whilst doing it… :)

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 193699 wrote:
    In all honesty, mine it also about relinquishing some responsibilities as well as running with some new and exciting opportunities.. Not waiting til tomorrow, not letting the monkey ride my back and most of all SMILING whilst doing it… :)

Cheers
    Jason

Hey Jason,

Intriguing as always. Hope you’ll still have time for a few Flying Solo posts along the way.;)

All the best with it,

Lindsay

tomwhite
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

Interesting mine is similar, I have found towards the end of this financial year I’ve focussed on quality time, rather than ‘busy time’ and can actually get the same amount of work done in less time (as long as I don’t spend too long on forums!)

So my goal is to go to 4 days per week and at a minimum maintain current business performance.

Professor
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

I would suggest that more Small Business Owners spend as much time reducing their costs as trying to increase sales. The first results in higher profits with the same sales, the second creates more work but not necessarily more profits.

It’s not sales that really matter, but the profits which allow one to survive.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    Professor, post: 193893 wrote:
    I would suggest that more Small Business Owners spend as much time reducing their costs as trying to increase sales. The first results in higher profits with the same sales, the second creates more work but not necessarily more profits.

It’s not sales that really matter, but the profits which allow one to survive.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Now if you reduce your costs and increase your sales that would also lead to more profit and at the same time build your business.
    You need to build your business in case one of your regular customers goes out of business or changes direction.
    Also getting your existing customers to rave about your products and /or services then you can start reducing your advertising or promotional budgets. This happened by give that bit more to your customer, so they feel they are getting good value for their money. It is a great feeling when the majority of your new customers are referrals.

Have a go and see what happens.

Danni_Kaigo
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Some really great resolutions in this thread!

Mine is pretty simple but (I’m hoping) effective. I want to maintain and complete a daily to-do list.

Hopefully this will keep me focused on core tasks so I don’t end up in internet worm holes or bogged down on tasks that are not important or useful.

Danni

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hey all! I love the idea of putting the goals on paper (or on a public forum, in this instance).

Everyone has great ideas – work less, earn more, outsourcing more, etc.

For me, as a new business, I’m still just blown away by the fact that I got this thing up and running…. it’s time to get my head out of the clouds and start making some real goals!

By this time next year… I want to:

– Hire a graphic designer (we can do graphic design at the moment, but it is limited)
    – Hire a copywriting assistant (at the moment I am the only copywriter in the business – it would be ideal if I could leverage out of this a bit)
    – Write a book (about 20% of the way there!)
    – Set up an awesome automated lead gen system with fab lead magnets and an autoresponder email series
    – Make an average of 1 website per week
    – Have at least 50 hours per week of ongoing marketing work booked in on packages
    – Be supporting charities through money earned from this business to the value of $500+ per week

Looking back on these goals, I do feel a little bit insane, but hey… aim for the stars and you’ll land on the moon?!

Hopefully I’ll come back to this in a year and be happy with what I’ve achieved.

Best wishes to all!

Angela

gidgetmedia
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Ooh, those are great resolutions! I’m working on an e-book at the moment, but a definite lifetime goal of mine is to write a ‘real’ one. Great website btw!

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Thank you Karen!!

Hey, an ebook is a real book these days!

I’m on your site now… you have so many lovely testimonials. I look forward to staying in touch :-).

All the best for achieving your goals!

Angela

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.