Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Food Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m in the throes of starting up my business selling a food product that I make.

I have been cleared by Council and have my insurances done, business name registered, domain names bought, email set up, suppliers sorted etc.

I would love to start out as a company but don’t have the money to set it up. So, for the moment I am a sole trader.

The next move for me now is logo design and organizing some packaging.

I have some markets lined up and I’ve already been approached by other food business for stock.

So the reason I’m here is to hopefully pick up some resource referrals to people who can help with those things as well as to connect with other like minds.

Cheers,
    Cloudy

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Hi and welcome, Cloudy!

You’ve got your domain and email – are you going to get a website done; how about social media?

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Hi Cloudy, Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your start up.

when you say you have been cleared by the council have they visited your premises and cleared that? I heard that getting a license to be in food business in one thing and getting the food authority to clear your premises where you manufacture or cook food is another thing. Is that correct? Could you pleas shed some light on the process since you are going through that now? Thanks

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Cloudy and welcome

Good to hear you have already got some potential clients lined up – after all, a lot of start up get busy with the set up and forget they actually need clients to make money and be a business.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.