Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New gal on the block

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KathrynH
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi there – yes, another newbie!

Quick intro to me – I’m currently a WAHM. For the past 3 or so years I’ve been designing and making kids clothing. I started by selling in my online store, then branched to wholesale. When I started it was a fairly unique concept with only a few Australians in the space, however, with things like etsy, a crazy number of markets etc emerging constantly, it’s become an over saturated market.

SO, I’m up for a change of direction and throwing around some ideas – which is where I’m going to be looking for guidance.

Kathryn

promo123
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Kathryn,
    Welcome to Flyingsolo! :)

Could you please post your website for us flyingsolo members?

Thanks.

webshout
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Kathryn,

I might have a couple of ideas…
    I have a 2 year old son myself, and I have noticed how he outgrows most of the clothes we buy him faster than he cab wear then out. Would it be possible to recycle children clothes which are in good condition “A Greener Alternative” to raising a child? Also what advertising methods have you tried up till now?

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Kathryn,

First of all – Welcome to the forums!

Second of all, what a shame I didn’t hear about you a few years ago when my nieces and nephews were still young. I used to love looking around at clothes / toys and things online.

Whats the link to your store?

KathrynH
    Up

http://www.tikiboo.com.au, is my wholesale site.

I do already have my change of direction ideas, I just need to nut it out a bit better, and get a business plan happening.

topbuy
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

welcome aboard..enjoy your stay in this forum..:)

KathrynH
    Up

I’ve just realised that my website is not working properly right now…and I can’t get hold of my web guy to fix it.

Mark Prosser
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    KathrynH, post: 28846 wrote:
    I’ve just realised that my website is not working properly right now…and I can’t get hold of my web guy to fix it.

ah, that’s always the way… luckily my IT guy and I work in the same office… at the same computer… in the same chair. oh! The IT guy is me!

if you ever need help let me know.

Cheers,

Mark.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Its a pity I didnt want to register, however little kids grow up, so why not continue you image to incorporate those kids that have grown up some.
    Then continue it through school to teenagers to young adults to adults, step by step.
    I dont remember seeing this concept having been done before, and you already have a market source.
    Immagine being able to offer that child a clothing range that grow with them TikiBoo may also have to change to TikiBoy or TikiGirl even just plain Tiki

Just a thought

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.