Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Global gay networking website (Brisbane CEO)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bonkd
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Im Will, almost 26 yrs…yikes, early 2014 here i am with the near completion of my first business venture, Its called Bonkd!.
    Its a social networking website targeted at gay/bi audiences. Created for the open gap where there is no websites that give gay users possibilty to create more than hook ups. Id like to think everyone can see the satire in the websites approach that yes it looks like a hookup site but my gut feels it will reach its audience given the right marketing.
    Its release is most likely March/ April this year.

I am new here so it would be great to meet along my travels here some successful minds to connect

see link for screenshot of my site see link below ;
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B897n1LqnXPMejRFOG4zYWZEcGM/edit?usp=sharing

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Will,
    Congratulations on starting your own business and welcome to flying solo. I’m sure you will get a lot out of the forums. Looking forward to watch your progress over the coming months. Feel free to touch base if you need anything.

Have fun!
    Michelle

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo.

And yes, it looks exactly like a pickup site. Not quite sure how you are going to market a site with a seductive guy on the home page called bonked any other way ;)

I look forward to seeing you around.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Will,

Thanks for joining the forum, and good luck with your new venture.

I’m afraid the satire is lost on me, and the current branding and name do make me feel like the site is entirely about hookups, so if you’re looking to create a different impression, you may want to consider a few tweaks.

But I’m not in the target market, so feel free to discount my comments :)

All the best with it, and welcome to Flying Solo,
    Jayne

Bonkd
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 181993 wrote:
    Hi Will,

Thanks for joining the forum, and good luck with your new venture.

I’m afraid the satire is lost on me, and the current branding and name do make me feel like the site is entirely about hookups, so if you’re looking to create a different impression, you may want to consider a few tweaks.

But I’m not in the target market, so feel free to discount my comments :)

All the best with it, and welcome to Flying Solo,
    Jayne

Hi Jane
    thanks for your feedback
    Since its confusing a few here: my logic of thinking is below which im left handed so of course i do everything differently lol

The marketing around Bonkd was to make it stand it by its design im hoping that really the purple and the logo will stick in peoples mind. The logo is to be interpreted as naughty as it looks. Gay men are very sex minded people and my intro to bonkd is to give it the target audience yes join here if you want sex with local guys or around the world but as they begin using the site they will find they are making connections along the way with a more social aspect like facebook than private messages, its kind of my way of reeling in audiences without coming across as to cliche as oh sorry this site is for people who dont like sex. Of course im hoping my market dont overthink it or great another hookup site… and just go, ok this looks fun

TashJ
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Will,

I have a friend who was looking for exactly this kind of thing & was frustrated all of the available apps were only about hook-ups so I think it’s definitely got a market.

I do think the name is a little confusing & would be giving some thought to the target audience. Satire is one thing but would all users feel comfortable if someone were to see that on their computer (for e.g. a professional?) That said, I’m sure you know your audience better than me :)

Good luck.
    Tash

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.