Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New guy – wearing many hats!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

G’day,

My name is Adam and I am the owner of an online store called The Gi Factory (http://www.thegifactory.com.au) . My company is in the business of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This may mean absolutely nothing to many but let me explain a little.

So in short BJJ is a martial art. You could say it’s a mix of judo and wrestling (no not the WWF/Hulk Hogan/smash a chair over someone’s head wrestling) (I know a few of you (me) loved that kind of thing on a Saturday morning) but more of an Olympic grappling style of wrestling.

It is an extremely fast growing sport and highly addictive (as well as safe mums and dads). We will see it showcased at the Rio De Janeiro Olympics as an exhibition event – possibly to take off down the track as a permanent Olympic event.

So being a small and growing sport, the prices for equipment tend to be a little high in Australia – I paid the prices when I competed and so did my friends. I started The Gi Factory to gain access to cheap equipment for my mates, now it has moved onto the public.

My cousin Matt and I run the place and we are both the wearer of many hats – something I don’t need to tell any of you about. We also work full-time but aspire to call no one boss in the very near future.

Feel free to get in touch with me about anything especially if it’s to do with jiu jitsu (or coffee/beer). I’m not sure how that will help anyone’s businesses but if you’re looking for a stress release, BJJ is perfect. But be warned, you will get hooked!

Adam

Anonymous
    Up

G’day Adam,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for introducing yourself and your business to us.

Sounds like you are very passionate about what you do – and I bet that means you attract some equally passionate customers. :)

Jayne

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Welcome!

What had do you wear while doing “Brazilian Jiu Jitsu”? :)

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Giz,

Cheers for the welcome.

In BJJ you wear a Kimono or a Gi, hence The Gi Factory.
    Kind of like a karate uniform but much heavier. It’s designed to be held onto by an opponent and not rip.

Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.