Home Forums New here? Share your story New here and advice needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sportsbuddy35
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

Hi

My name is Chris. I don’t actually run a business as such, but own a sports blog in which I cover an Aussie Sports event that occurs once a year.

In the lead up to the event, the blog gets quite a bit of organic traffic through search engines.

As it is a hobby, I have never really tried to monetize it as I enjoy sports statistics and writing about something I have a passion for, but the traffic grew significantly in the second year.

I don’t really understand how I could monetize something like this or if it can even be done as the information I provide is free to all, but I guess most the people reading it don’t have the time or patience to do the research I have done.

If anybody has any tips or guidelines, that would be awesome.

Cheers

Chris

Marcus James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

Great info

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,129

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo Chris.

You could advertise on the Blog or develop an affiliation with a complimentary business such as a training camp, collect emails and send them to your list.

It goes without saying that doing so ethically is key.

Cheers
    Paul

Louis84
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2

@sportsbuddy35 I was in the field of SEO that’s why I can share my personal view on that. If you want to monetise the blog then you have to take care of following:
    Do the keyword research properly.
    On Page SEO must be done properly.
    Articles/ Posts on your blog must be engaging the users otherwise the spam score will increase.
    Then you can apply for the Adsense and for that you can search on the YouTube or you can Google it.
    Once it is approved then keep tracking on the blog for the new articles or posts to maintain the traffic which in result will maintain the earnings.
    Otherwise——
    You can apply for the affiliation for your blog and you can earn from that.

Regards

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,536

@sportsbuddy35 a couple of thoughts:

-Offer limited info for free, with a premium paid product offering some advantage (more info, earlier access, hands-on help, etc).
    -A good way to start would be to build an email list, so that you build an audience you can contact directly. You might deliver premium content via email as an incentive.

If you’re willing to share your blog, you’ll get some good ideas from our members.
    Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.